PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: AT&T's "Unlimited" data plans oficially throttled at 3GB or 5GB for LTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
That was my situation im unemployed and on unemployment which only pays me $176 every 2 weeks, my dad is about to get laid off and we can barely afford the rent where we live as it is. He constantly has to get payday advances which screws us over even more in the long run (lost our cable forever last year as a result of this). I'm also in college and have to pay for my fares to and from school 4 days a week (fares recently went up) sure I'm getting financial aid for that but that only covers the bus fares but not the train fares that I have to pay. The only ISP that has internet for that price is AT$T and we HATE them and would never give them anything.
DSL for ATT is like $20 a month. I know you "hate" them, but when you look at it all ISPs and phone carriers are just big ass corporations with hundreds of employees, so to hate the entire corporation is a little obtuse IMO. I "hate" comcast, but it was probably just a few idiots they had for customer service reps.

I don't get how you can afford tmobile with a wp7 device if you're that strapped, why don't you get on cricket or even a $15 a month minute only plan?

It just seems incredible to me that you can't scrape $20 a month or so.

Are you telling me you never go out to eat or go to movies or anything?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

I had cricket but they were terrible and they don't have wp7 devices, only crappy android (mom has one and it sucks) not to also mention that cricket has a 1GB cap and uses sprint's network for 3G. I'd rather use that extra money to go out then to pay extra to AT$T, if I did get that I wouldn't have money to go out. The money to do that comes from me no longer having to pay bus fares.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I had cricket but they were terrible and they don't have wp7 devices, only crappy android (mom has one and it sucks) not to also mention that cricket has a 1GB cap and uses sprint's network for 3G. I'd rather use that extra money to go out then to pay extra to AT$T, if I did get that I wouldn't have money to go out. The money to do that comes from me no longer having to pay bus fares.
1) you could probably reprogram an Arrive on Cricket

2) You could use Boost or any other cheaper carrier, you could also use T-Mobile's "Simple Mobile" for cheaper stuff

3) You COULD have worked it to get internet and phone, but decided that hating ATT and going out were more important. I'm not saying you're wrong. And if tethering for home internet is your deal, then T-Mobile is perfect for you, but if you don't do that, then when you DO use your phone's internet, ATT and VZW's LTE smokes the competition.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
1) you could probably reprogram an Arrive on Cricket

2) You could use Boost or any other cheaper carrier, you could also use T-Mobile's "Simple Mobile" for cheaper stuff

3) You COULD have worked it to get internet and phone, but decided that hating ATT and going out were more important. I'm not saying you're wrong. And if tethering for home internet is your deal, then T-Mobile is perfect for you, but if you don't do that, then when you DO use your phone's internet, ATT and VZW's LTE smokes the competition.
1) I looked into that option awhile ago when I had my TP and it wouldn't have worked here because the TP or the arrive aren't tri band phones. Might be different now since cricket does use sprint 3G.

2) I looked into simple mobile before i went to T-mobile and found a thread on HoFo that was talking about very slow speeds on less than a $60 plan and that they disconnect users who tether or use too much data.

3)yup so T-mo is the best out of the alternatives.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
A consumer in California just won the lawsuit against att throttling. Now att will only throttle at 3gb I think and on lte it will be 5gb. I guess for those who need att this is good news.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 PM

Btw

uploadfromtaptalk1332382336137.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 on the PPCGeeks App
Old 03-21-2012, 10:52 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71
Threadstarter

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Btw

Attachment 85711

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 on the PPCGeeks App
Is that your att speed?

Now calculate how many days that will take you to get to 3GB and get throttled to 2g!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Is that your att speed?

Now calculate how many days that will take you to get to 3GB and get throttled to 2g!
yeah but for short bursts it's awesome, I don't need to use it to tether my house. I'm not saying I agree with the throttling, but it's not quite as big a deal to me. Besides, I get 5 gigs for as much as I paid on tmobile. So I would never get throttled, it's only for legacy unlimited plans.

I don't think I've ever used 5gb in one month.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: i930
Carrier: Boost

kingnba6 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

god damn. it was awaiting to happen sooner or later
Old 07-22-2013, 04:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tablet
Carrier: At & T

anncoop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

AT&T, the second largest mobile carrier in the nation, has introduced “shared data programs,” currently only offered by Verizon Wireless, the largest carrier. AT&T's shared data programs will be good for a lot of people, but others are likely to get stuck with a bigger phone bill.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion