PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Question Diamond on SERO Question

The other day, I thought I could perhaps get a better deal on cell service and thought I might buy one of those ultra rare $30 Sprint SERO plans on eBay. I had heard in threads around the community that Sprint jacks up that price to $50 for some smartphone users. From what I understand, the Touch Pro 2 is the newest device that is allowed at the $30 rate. Would I be correct in thinking that the older diamond should also be equally compatible with this plan? I would like to just verify this for sure to make sure so that I know I can activate the Diamond on one of those plans without finding out that it can't be done that cheaply after spending $100+ on eBay.

Thanks in advance.

- 2 Bunny
Old 02-29-2012, 08:07 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The older Diamond came out before the TP2 so if it goes by age of device you should be ok.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post FINALLY SOME SENSIBLE HELP Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
The older Diamond came out before the TP2 so if it goes by age of device you should be ok.
Right, I figured that, but I just wanted to make sure that the TP2 was indeed the $30 -> $50 cutoff point. I usually like to verify what I read in at least one other place. I can't afford to make a $100 (or potentially worse) mistake on eBay.

- 2B
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Right, I figured that, but I just wanted to make sure that the TP2 was indeed the $30 -> $50 cutoff point. I usually like to verify what I read in at least one other place. I can't afford to make a $100 (or potentially worse) mistake on eBay.

- 2B
I can't verify the plan personally.
Best bet would be Sprint Users forum as there are Sprint employees there almost daily. I am sure one of them could tell you for sure.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Diamond on SERO Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I can't verify the plan personally.
Best bet would be Sprint Users forum as there are Sprint employees there almost daily. I am sure one of them could tell you for sure.
I too am on the Sprint SERO $30 plan, and I'm 99% sure a TP-2 is compatible. It is a Windows Mobile device afterall, and so long as it's a device branded with Sprint you should be fine.

You could always call Sprint's customer service deptartment and ask them. Ooops, did I really just suggest doing that?!?
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Diamond on SERO Question

Yeah the TP2 was the last device they allowed on $30, the Diamond definitely works.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
It may be 10 dollars more for the diamond / tp2 when they changed the policy they said any smart phone addition including old palms were requiring an upgrade to sero plus. But you wouldn't have to have the 10 dollar a month premium add on unless it was a 4g phone.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2012, 11:44 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I recently switched my $30 sero plan from a tp2 to a diamond, then back to the tp2 and it's still $30/month.

The hard part is actually getting a Sero account transferred to your account these days, I did mine back in August 2010, I think they're trying to prevent it these days.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exclamation TROUBLING Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I recently switched my $30 sero plan from a tp2 to a diamond, then back to the tp2 and it's still $30/month.

The hard part is actually getting a Sero account transferred to your account these days, I did mine back in August 2010, I think they're trying to prevent it these days.

Really? So if I took a diamond and got it all fixed up and working again and then bought a SERO plan on eBay, I might not even be able to use it?

- 2B
Old 03-01-2012, 08:57 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Really? So if I took a diamond and got it all fixed up and working again and then bought a SERO plan on eBay, I might not even be able to use it?

- 2B
Why wouldn't you be able to use it?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion