PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: AT&T starts throttling

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeB View Post
not sure how you gets are getting that base number :S

Unlimited - Ultra with Smartphone Mobile HotSpot Service
$94.99 /mo.
up to 10 gb of high speed data

Yes it only has 500 minutes, but with voip you can use the data plan to supplement minutes if you run out :S I do that on sprint's sero as well with my tp2

But I still like the $30/monthly tmobile though, it's comparable with sprint's sero without the hassle of limited phone selection
thanks for clearing up the confusion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Not according to this.

Studentrate gives 10 percent off.
The plan you mentioned was 104 prepaid.
Its 119 with contract and subsidized phone.
We will go on the assumtion that he is on the prepaid plan although, since he has bregged about his free hd7, we know he is accually on a subsidised plan.
104.99 minus 10 percent is 90 dollars.
That does not include taxes and fees. I have 5 lines on my plan, and I know I pay appx 60 dollars worth of fee and taxes. Let's take 1/5 of that. 12 dollars.
90 for the plan+ 12 dollars worth or taxes and fees comes to 102 dollars. And that's on tmo prepaid.
The same plan on contract would be more like 125 with a student rate discount.
Eric claims he is paying 85 dollars a month. Based on that, id say he is most assuredly not on the 10 gig plan.

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
@austin420
I have the value plan 500mins unlimited text and 10gb of full speed data, with my student rate discount I will be paying in the 80s. This is cheaper than the almost $100 I was paying to sprint after I got my arrive even with the studentrate discount. This plan had only 450 anytime minutes and such, sure it had any mobile anytime but I didn't really use it as I don't use my phone much during the day. I don't love T-mobile, I love great service combined with great value and clear billing policies. So u failed.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:52 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Eric is allowed to blindly love t-mobile. Just gaze over his posts and move forward.

Let's stick to the topic on AT&T throttling their unlimited plan.
so someone can start a thread about att, eric can bring up tmobile (as always) and if someone says anything to him about it, a mod says we need to get back on topic.
i got it.
i hope yall realize why no one comes to ppcgeeks anymore.
✌✌

Old 02-17-2012, 04:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Some of the comments made were in violation of Site Rules specifically #2
therefore the request was made to put the thread back on topic

Edit:
By request was in reference to NinjaMom making the statement to stick to topic

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Last edited by Karl; 02-17-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:22 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

great. a request was made.
this site has about 6 members on top of the 15 mods and as it turns out, all 6 are informers.
\even less reason to come back.
in soviet russia, forum mods you!
Old 02-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

I mentioned T-mobile as a comparison to what AT$T is doing.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:14 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
so someone can start a thread about att, eric can bring up tmobile (as always) and if someone says anything to him about it, a mod says we need to get back on topic.
i got it.
i hope yall realize why no one comes to ppcgeeks anymore.
✌✌
Eric's initial post was on topic. He just compared the topic to his experience with T-Mobile. It went downhill after that. In all fairness, there were posts made that were bending site rules. Out of understanding for the frustration over Eric's posts about tmobilet I stuck with a get back on topic response instead of handing out infractions.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 02-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
in soviet russia, forum mods you!

that was actually pretty funny.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
As @DaveTN used to put it ;unlimited is um,limited. That's bogus that they aren't telling people where the throttle line is like what T-mobile is doing. I just broke my 10GB limit with them and am now being throttled.
Throttle or not, Sprint just plain stinks around here. Knoxville TN has absolutely NO 4G and the 3G is dial-up spped at best. IMHO, going with a carrier that throttles a good signal is probably better than one that offeres an unlimited crappy one.

After 15+ years with Sprint, I'm finally changing to Verizon this week which has awesome LTE where I live.

David
Old 02-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Throttle or not, Sprint just plain stinks around here. Knoxville TN has absolutely NO 4G and the 3G is dial-up spped at best. IMHO, going with a carrier that throttles a good signal is probably better than one that offeres an unlimited crappy one.

After 15+ years with Sprint, I'm finally changing to Verizon this week which has awesome LTE where I live.

David
Similar reason I'm going to att from tmobile, (plus the Note)
Old 02-20-2012, 04:40 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post

David
@DaveTN that's exactly why I went with T-mobile. Its quite pitiful that T-mobiles throttled speed is still faster than sprint 3G I can listen listen to slacker radio and Spotify etc which is what I couldn't do on sprint 3G.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
Similar reason I'm going to att from tmobile, (plus the Note)
@orangekid T-mo is slow where ur at?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion