PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

londawg314 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Sprint cracking down on data usage?

i don't know about the rest of you but my 3g data roaming is unlimited.. see attached screen shot from my sprint account.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Full page photo.pdf (19.2 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Never heard of unlimited roaming data before.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

londawg314 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

what does it say for you guys if you check usage under your sprint account?
Old 02-08-2012, 08:46 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Im not with sprint anymore but im sure no carrier allows unlimited data roaming.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:22 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by londawg314 View Post
what does it say for you guys if you check usage under your sprint account?
Mine shows the same!
Don't remember if that was there before.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:36 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

it shows unlimited since there is no automatic cutoff in the system. 1 month going over 300mb on roaming isn't going to do much, but multiple months then they send the warning.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
it shows unlimited since there is no automatic cutoff in the system. 1 month going over 300mb on roaming isn't going to do much, but multiple months then they send the warning.

That's the thing. I only did it one month (a few days to be specific) and I didn't even use all that much data. I have had Sprint phones for about 5 years now and have been doing this since I started with Sprint (like I said maybe a couple times a year I use data on roaming when I go to Upper Michigan where there is no Sprint service).

The thing that fustrates me about this is I pay about $100 a month (I have also been paying the $10 fee for 4g since I got my Evo 3D and there is no 4g data where I live and likely wont be for some time) I make so few calls most months on my cell I don't go over 300 minutes. Yes I use a little more data than your average person that just does web browsing but then again I am sure there are many that use way more data than me. Mostly I use my data for streaming internet radio and some web browsing. On a rare ocassion I might tether with my laptop mostly for web browsing. And now I get this threatening letter from Sprint basically telling me I wronged them somehow and I am being watched. Give me a break.

As far as the unlimited roaming thing goes I could have sworn I saw unlimited data roaming in my plan details when I got my Evo 3D. I'm going to have to look into this. I don't remember seeing anything about a 300MB limit anywhere (I was aware of the rule that over 50% of your usage has to be on Sprint towers). I forget the name of the plan but it is the one with basically unlimited everything. I don't think Sprint has the plan anymore (or might be a higher cost) and I was able to keep it when I got my Evo 3d.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:15 AM
#1 troll!

I believe the data roaming for sprint is on verizon towers isnt it? Or i could of swore i heard that before. Either way unless you want to get kicked off sprint id watch the roaming.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Well I just logged into my Sprint account and sure enough in my plan details it says I have unlimited 3g roaming. I am going to have to call Sprint and see what they say about this. Here is a screen shot:

Edit: Does anyone know where I can get a copy of my contract? I got my phone off of wirefly and do not have a paper copy. I am about 90% sure my contract said data roaming is unlimited and I want to double check.

By the way I just noticed your avatar shaggylive. Ron Paul 2012.

Last edited by xxxjdoggxxx; 02-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

think the Sprint 3G part means Sprint's network, when I checked the sprint page, it says (on our network) next to the data/minutes/texts

edit: got curious too and this part of the terms/conditions seems interesting
Quote:
Our data services may not be used: (i) to generate excessive amounts of Internet traffic through the continuous, unattended streaming, downloading or uploading of videos or other files or to operate hosting services including, but not limited to, web or gaming hosting; (ii) to maintain continuous active network connections to the Internet such as through a web camera or machine-to-machine connections that do not involve active participation by a person; (iii) to disrupt email use by others using automated or manual routines, including, but not limited to "auto-responders" or cancel bots or other similar routines; (iv) to transmit or facilitate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, telemarketing, promotional materials, "junk mail", unsolicited commercial or bulk email, or fax; (v) for activities adversely affecting the ability of other people or systems to use either Sprint's wireless services or other parties' Internet-based resources, including, but not limited to, "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user; (vi) for an activity that connects any device to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for the purpose of transmitting wireless data over the network (unless customer is using a plan designated for such usage); or (vi) for any other reason that, in our sole discretion violates our policy of providing service for individual use.Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to rate plans, services or features that are described as unlimited, you should be aware that such "unlimited" plans are subject to these Sprint Prohibited Network Uses.
Quote:
Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network.

Last edited by EyeB; 02-09-2012 at 05:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion