PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz
Intercepted someone's phone call?

Was on the phone with my friend and both of us seemed to have intercepted another person's call for a few seconds.

She heard ringing and someone speaking another language, and while I heard someone else just saying 'hello hello'.

It was creepy, is this normal? We have Sprint and T-Mobile. This stuff makes you feel anyone can tap into your phone calls.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:18 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Re: Intercepted someone's phone call?

i wouldn't worry much as it sounds like the towers are overloaded and this kind of thing can happen. BUT if it does it again id advise sprint.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyczwillz View Post
Was on the phone with my friend and both of us seemed to have intercepted another person's call for a few seconds.

She heard ringing and someone speaking another language, and while I heard someone else just saying 'hello hello'.

It was creepy, is this normal? We have Sprint and T-Mobile. This stuff makes you feel anyone can tap into your phone calls.
It must have been a routing issue between the carriers. It can happen. So you know its not like your picking up someone else's wireless signal as data is transmitted is encrypted.

But yes, the carriers can spy on your phone calls whenever if need be.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

As long as one isn't talking to 12 year old girls, planning to bomb something or do something else illegal, there's no worries that the phone is tapped.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

This is possible with any GSM network like T-Mobile because signals are digital but not encrypted. This is one advantage CDMA has. If you have a CDMA user talking to another CDMA user then if there was any interference you might hear noises but not anything recognizable because everything is encrypted. Of course all bets are off if you have a CDMA phone and you're connected to someone on a GSM carrier or a landline.
Old 02-02-2012, 05:49 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I still think its from an overloaded tower.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

This is possible with any GSM network like T-Mobile because signals are digital but not encrypted. This is one advantage CDMA has. If you have a CDMA user talking to another CDMA user then if there was any interference you might hear noises but not anything recognizable because everything is encrypted. Of course all bets are off if you have a CDMA phone and you're connected to someone on a GSM carrier or a landline.
This was the case long ago, I had that happen on my really really old T-Mobile. Everything from getting other people's phone calls to having my phone calls being picked up by my portable radio lol

But this day in age, even GSM signals are encrypted. The US versions of GSM is a weak encryption you can break even with consumer hardware but its encrypted regardless.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
This was the case long ago, I had that happen on my really really old T-Mobile. Everything from getting other people's phone calls to having my phone calls being picked up by my portable radio lol

But this day in age, even GSM signals are encrypted. The US versions of GSM is a weak encryption you can break even with consumer hardware but its encrypted regardless.
@gTen how did that happen? Radio dials don't even go up to the lowest cellular frequency

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion