PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Why should I stay with Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
u have to do at least the 2mb test to get an accurate reading. That's why it shows that difference. And as far as wp7 not having any appeal u must be deeply blind because even USA Today and time magazine have now recognized WP.
ohhh, usa today hmm? now theyve really got thier finger on americas pulse. hahaha.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ganjah is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i have no sypmathy for cheapo crybabies. its not 1997 and no one else is going to offer you 35 dollar cell service. consider yourself lucky youve gotten a good deal for a long time.
suck it up and pony up for a real phone (the hero "a good little phone"? hahaha!) that really cost money(no one is going to give you a sgs 2 for free on top of a money loosing plan like what youve got)on the only carrier to give truley unlimited data for a good price. im sure you havent accually looked in to vzw or att, because discount or not, the are almost double what sprint charges, and you cant get unlimited data.
that being said, amazonwirelss.com is giving away every sprint phone for a penny until tommorow (nov 28th). i just bougth 2 evo 3ds and a galaxy s2, and besides that, i called executive services and they gave me an 80 dollars service credit per line per upgrade (basically a free month on my 5 lines) just for extending my contract on those 3 lines.
i basicly just call this number 877-775-4886. it is a no waiting time sprint line to an american rep who will probably be more than willing to help.
i love sprint.
You're quite rude, and you didn't even read my post. I said I have this great contract price as a result of negotiating with Executive Services. How did you miss that? You must have just wanted to attack me, as you clearly didn't read what I said before you posted your keyboard diarrhea.

Plus, I said that the price of Verizon and AT&T service with 450min, 4GB data, and unlimited texts, after corporate discount, is roughly the same price as I'll have to pay with Sprint ($65-70/mo after taxes and fees), but with Sprint I won't get 4G service. All other carriers have 4G in my area. I told you there was no advantage to Sprint, and that's the point of my OP: are there better options? Luckily, several people have given me better options. I hadn't even considered Tmobile, but their pricing and service is good where I'm at, and I get a 25% corporate discount with them.

So, your reply was pretty much a failure all around. Next time, try reading what I wrote, using proper grammar so you don't come across as a complete loser, and don't be in such a hurry to prove that you're a huge DB by attacking someone asking legitimate questions. Have some self-control. My advice is to go back to school and find discipline - you clearly could use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I don't know why people worry about the data cap if you know how much you use and know you won't use it all...

But have you thought about buying a used phone craigslist/ebay/amazon or buy outright from sprint and using it on your plan? The phone costs more to buy without subsidy, but you save more than you spend on phone by keeping plan costs down. Using your current plan without upgrade, just adding 4G services you'll pay around $50? which instead of the $70 you'd pay, you save $20x24 months=$480. The subsidy would cost you something like $200-300 for the GSII?
I'm not worried about the data cap - I don't use much data. And, as I stated in my OP, upgrading to a new phone, used or new, is what triggers this doubling in price on my account. It charges me the $10/mo premium data fee that I currently don't get charged cuz I'm grandfathered in, and it forces my account to drop the $20/mo service credit that I currently receive, according to the Executive Services representative I spoke with, Ke'sha, even if I'm just activating a phone and not changing my plan. Apparently there are all these triggers in the Sprint billing system that happen as a result of adding a new smartphone now.

Quote:
@fixxxer2008 its not just the Midwest @elesbb recently showed me his pitiful speeds and he's in PA.
It's not just the midwest. I'm in a city of 900k in the desert southwest and, with full reception on my Hero, which has been a great little phone, despite what some DBs might think, I can only pull a max of 50KB/s, or just about 1/4 of T1 speeds. That's not great for 3G, and there is no Sprint 4G here, nor will there be for at least six more months. What's worse, is the towers here have been having known issues where 3G service is dropped to 2G service randomly after 7:00PM, an issue that the Sprint techs have repeatedly created trouble tickets about without resolution.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

ganjah is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

notice a little bit of diffrence?

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
You act like you're an authority on the subject, but you don't even know how to interpret the results you're getting. You don't realize you have to convert Kilo Bytes Per Second (designated by the uppercase KBPS) to Mega bytes per second (Designated by the lowercase Mbps). You prove this in your later quote below

Quote:
My screenshots above show a huuuggge diff. And they were taken 2 min apart sitting at my desk. 100Kbps to 1.8Mbps is an 1800 percent diffrence.
Using a browser speedtests when there are quality apps available is like going back to the beating rocks together like a caveman.
Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App
You make an incorrect assertion, even quoting the different speedtests inaccurately (it's KBPS, not Kbps), then you draw the wrong conclusion and make a terrible analogy. KBPS is 8/1000 of Mbps. It's eight bits per byte, and 1 mega per 1000 kilos. In this case, 100KBPS is .8Mbps. 1.8Mbps is 225% greater. Not 1800% as you noted.

If you're going to want to prove your knowledge of such things, at least get the nomenclature correct. Otherwise, your holier-than-thou, know-it-all routine just comes off as you being a jerk.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
ohhh, usa today hmm? now theyve really got thier finger on americas pulse. hahaha.
@austin420 its not just USA today, its TIME magazine as well, these are only 2 examples of the recent recognition that WP is getting, not to mention that the nokia lumia 800 is the highest selling phone in europe and the titan is selling out like crazy. can u really be that disconnected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjah View Post
You act like you're an authority on the subject, but you don't even know how to interpret the results you're getting. You don't realize you have to convert Kilo Bytes Per Second (designated by the uppercase KBPS) to Mega bytes per second (Designated by the lowercase Mbps). You prove this in your later quote below

You make an incorrect assertion, even quoting the different speedtests inaccurately (it's KBPS, not Kbps), then you draw the wrong conclusion and make a terrible analogy. KBPS is 8/1000 of Mbps. It's eight bits per byte, and 1 mega per 1000 kilos. In this case, 100KBPS is .8Mbps. 1.8Mbps is 225% greater. Not 1800% as you noted.

If you're going to want to prove your knowledge of such things, at least get the nomenclature correct. Otherwise, your holier-than-thou, know-it-all routine just comes off as you being a jerk.
@ganjah mobilespeedtest does also measure with kbps but they just put it all in capital letters in those sharing images for some reason which is really inaccurate. if he used a larger test such as the 1MB test he wouldve gotten a much more accurate reading, and thanks for that keyboard thrashing, it probably won't register anyway.
Old 11-28-2011, 05:45 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

If your sprint speeds are crap why put up with it? If there not then just stick to sprint. Myself and eric got fed up. The grass is greener sometimes guys.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

green isnt always better as long as grass isnt brown lol
Old 11-28-2011, 11:22 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
You're quite rude, and you didn't even read my post. I said I have this great contract price as a result of negotiating with Executive Services. How did you miss that? You must have just wanted to attack me, as you clearly didn't read what I said before you posted your keyboard diarrhea.

Plus, I said that the price of Verizon and AT&T service with 450min, 4GB data, and unlimited texts, after corporate discount, is roughly the same price as I'll have to pay with Sprint ($65-70/mo after taxes and fees), but with Sprint I won't get 4G service. All other carriers have 4G in my area. I told you there was no advantage to Sprint, and that's the point of my OP: are there better options? Luckily, several people have given me better options. I hadn't even considered Tmobile, but their pricing and service is good where I'm at, and I get a 25% corporate discount with them.

So, your reply was pretty much a failure all around. Next time, try reading what I wrote, using proper grammar so you don't come across as a complete loser, and don't be in such a hurry to prove that you're a huge DB by attacking someone asking legitimate questions. Have some self-control. My advice is to go back to school and find discipline - you clearly could use it.

I'm not worried about the data cap - I don't use much data. And, as I stated in my OP, upgrading to a new phone, used or new, is what triggers this doubling in price on my account. It charges me the $10/mo premium data fee that I currently don't get charged cuz I'm grandfathered in, and it forces my account to drop the $20/mo service credit that I currently receive, according to the Executive Services representative I spoke with, Ke'sha, even if I'm just activating a phone and not changing my plan. Apparently there are all these triggers in the Sprint billing system that happen as a result of adding a new smartphone now.

It's not just the midwest. I'm in a city of 900k in the desert southwest and, with full reception on my Hero, which has been a great little phone, despite what some DBs might think, I can only pull a max of 50KB/s, or just about 1/4 of T1 speeds. That's not great for 3G, and there is no Sprint 4G here, nor will there be for at least six more months. What's worse, is the towers here have been having known issues where 3G service is dropped to 2G service randomly after 7:00PM, an issue that the Sprint techs have repeatedly created trouble tickets about without resolution.
i read it and fully comprehended. like i said. crybabies.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:
@ganjah mobilespeedtest does also measure with kbps but they just put it all in capital letters in those sharing images for some reason which is really inaccurate
this, dick weed.

Last edited by austin420; 11-28-2011 at 11:29 PM. Reason: added a pic of ganjah!
Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420
Quote:

Quote:
@ganjah mobilespeedtest does also measure with kbps but they just put it all in capital letters in those sharing images for some reason which is really inaccurate
this, dick weed.
Didnt you get banned from xda?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:19 AM

not yet but im fucking working on it.
you did though. they hated you in the evo section. claimed you to be the biggest troll since mattykinsx.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion