PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 05:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

poopboypat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SERO $30 to Family Plan?

Hello everybody, I have had the Original SERO plan from 2006. The one that did not include Texts. So now after adding unlimited Texts, Total Protection Plan, and a 25% employee discount my plan is about $54 a month. Now I am needing to add another line to my plan or get a new plan. My contract was up in 2008. And I am not apposed to going to another carrier, but would like to stay with sprint if I can.

What I need is:
at least 500 minutes
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Data
Ability to use "Smart phones and 4G"

Now I only need 2 lines, and I basically want the best deal, If I go the EPRP way, will I still get my 25% discount? Every time I go to add a line sprint tells me I need to change my plan. So, What is my best option, stay with sprint? Or is there a better plan out there somewhere?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: SERO $30 to Family Plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopboypat View Post
Hello everybody, I have had the Original SERO plan from 2006. The one that did not include Texts. So now after adding unlimited Texts, Total Protection Plan, and a 25% employee discount my plan is about $54 a month. Now I am needing to add another line to my plan or get a new plan. My contract was up in 2008. And I am not apposed to going to another carrier, but would like to stay with sprint if I can.

What I need is:
at least 500 minutes
Unlimited Text
Unlimited Data
Ability to use "Smart phones and 4G"

Now I only need 2 lines, and I basically want the best deal, If I go the EPRP way, will I still get my 25% discount? Every time I go to add a line sprint tells me I need to change my plan. So, What is my best option, stay with sprint? Or is there a better plan out there somewhere?
How is it 54$ with 25% discount? seems a little high....

30$ + 7.50$ + 8$ = 45.50$ or is that with tax? as for EDRP, from what I heard it don't stack with discounts.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-29-2011, 06:32 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

poopboypat is a n00b

20$ for unlimited text.

This SERO plan was the old one with 500 min and 500 texts. I needed unlimited.

But the key thing is I need to add another line...
Old 10-29-2011, 11:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
20$ for unlimited text.

This SERO plan was the old one with 500 min and 500 texts. I needed unlimited.

But the key thing is I need to add another line...
lol, they ripped you off..you cna bargain it down to 7.50 for unlimited text..I mean at 20$ unlimited text you would have been better at going premium...

sero premium is 40$ a month and has unlimited text and unlimited mobile to mobile and can use none 4g android phones.

and sero premium + $10 = 50$ you cna use 4g phone...

Last edited by gTen; 10-29-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

you might have to buy a sero plan if that is still possible :S

family plans for just 2 lines aren't cheaper than 2 sero plans :S even with 2 $50 plans, that's $100... the cheapest family plan for 2 lines is $190, this isnt taking discounts but with 27% off, it's still about $135
Old 10-30-2011, 12:11 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
you might have to buy a sero plan if that is still possible :S

family plans for just 2 lines aren't cheaper than 2 sero plans :S even with 2 $50 plans, that's $100... the cheapest family plan for 2 lines is $190, this isnt taking discounts but with 27% off, it's still about $135
family plans for 2 lines are not THAT expensive on sprint...standard family plan is 130$ and includes 2 lines..if you add $10 for smartphones on both lines that is 150$ without 27%.. and with 27% its $107.90 and with $10 for smartphones on both lines that is 127.90

EDRP plan is 110$ for 2 lines and add $10 for smartphone to both lines its $130
Old 10-30-2011, 01:10 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

poopboypat is a n00b

Ok, So is Sprint the Best Buy for Family Plan of 2?
Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Ok, So is Sprint the Best Buy for Family Plan of 2?
Well EDRP is worth it when you have 4 lines or over...for you the best option is to see if they can clone your sero plan and make them both into sero premium.

Then you can have yourself a 4g phone for 50$ a month and the other line you can give them a none 4g phone for 40$ a month adding up to a total of 90$ a month...or 100$ a month if you both want 4g phones..

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion