PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My Advice for Sprint users

I like sprint's customer service... The most recent problem I had was about early summer when I subscribed to some radio stations without knowing it, I was seeing what was there and must have pressed it

Anyways I called up customer service, asked why my bill had this extra charge (It happened twice since first month I didn't catch it). The rep told me what it was and without me asking, she offered to remove it and refund me for both months.

I don't know what reps you talked with, but a rep that knew I was looking at extra charges because I told them I was looking at my bill, and offered to refund me before I asked, I couldn't be happier with how she was. I can't say if she was the exception but the other times I had problems I went to the sprint stores and got the same level of service. Mainly they did what I needed, without asking many questions and seemed respectful. Another time was I had lost my charging cord for old phone, I went to sprint to ask them to buy one, they said they would just give me one for free and walked over to shelf and opened package and gave it to me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

Merovingian is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
12yrs and counting Sprint customer too, but I'm staying. Haven't had a plan change since 02, so you can assume how much my grandfathered plan with unlimited data/SMS/mms/n&w @ 8/roaming e.t.c comes out to every month. Hint, less than 40 with taxes included, AND NO, its not sero! !
Have a degree in Finance, work in a bakery and make just over a grand a month. Service might not Verizon great, but its the pocket that counts.

Same plan on Sprint would cost me 80/month on any national carrier before taxes. Even the prepaid ones would still be in the $50 range.

Times are hard for some folks , mate.

Sent from my SPH-D710
Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
VZN may have better towers and infrastructure but Sprint wins on volume of towers hands down against all providers. I suggest you take your VZN phone into the suburbs and turn off roaming. I use Boost and with shrinkage I'll be down to $35 unlimited, with no throttle or cap, in 3 months. Even with no roaming I have signal everywhere I go with the exception of the mountains.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz

Sprint's website is pretty awesome to use. And their unlimited data and mobile to mobile is awesome too. Phone line up is at its best right now.

One thing I am getting pissed at is, incredibly slow 3G speeds, and price hikes every year around almost. $10 for 'premium' data, and if we get a device thats any way smart, we have to add that $10. So $129.99 + $19.99 per line + $10 per line with 'premium' data. Premium data was first for 4G devices thats understandable, but now its practically for all devices. Makes it that much worse.

Oh yeah they raised the ETF, and those who were already contracted had been effected as well.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
VZN may have better towers and infrastructure but Sprint wins on volume of towers hands down against all providers. I suggest you take your VZN phone into the suburbs and turn off roaming. I use Boost and with shrinkage I'll be down to $35 unlimited, with no throttle or cap, in 3 months. Even with no roaming I have signal everywhere I go with the exception of the mountains.

I don't know about more volume,if that was the case I wouldn't be having these slow data speeds that I'm having now. in my city there is one tower on its border that's still damaged from the blizzard in February this tower has to serve not only the north side of my city and the downtown area it also has to serve the neighboring village to the north. then there's another tower near the HS I graduated from that's supposedly in better condition, this tower has to serve the entire west ,northwest and south side of my city while also serving some of the village to the west.

Last edited by eric12341; 10-22-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
I didn't mean in every town, if Sprint isn't popular in your area then of course they won't have more towers. Nationwide, Sprint dominates with sheer tower numbers but they are slow to update their backhaul. I live in a rural town in South Carolina, if I can get signal and still browse the web fairly fast on my phone then most other people should as well. I think you may just be in an area that Sprint doesn't see as a very profitable....I've read posts of people in southern Cali that can't get signal to save their lives so you're not alone.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
I didn't mean in every town, if Sprint isn't popular in your area then of course they won't have more towers. Nationwide, Sprint dominates with sheer tower numbers but they are slow to update their backhaul. I live in a rural town in South Carolina, if I can get signal and still browse the web fairly fast on my phone then most other people should as well. I think you may just be in an area that Sprint doesn't see as a very profitable....I've read posts of people in southern Cali that can't get signal to save their lives so you're not alone.

I get 4 bars so signal is not the issue. the issue is that my speed is slow as shit 90% of the time I'm at home, this wasn't an issue till February of this year. they aren't doing anything to resolve it and I'm sick of it so I'm going to t-mobile within the next 2 weeks. plus tmobile has like 3 or 4 towers in my town I think.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I get 4 bars so signal is not the issue. the issue is that my speed is slow as shit 90% of the time I'm at home, this wasn't an issue till February of this year. they aren't doing anything to resolve it and I'm sick of it so I'm going to t-mobile within the next 2 weeks. plus tmobile has like 3 or 4 towers in my town I think.
I saw in the other thread that your speeds lately are bad...and if I was in the same situation switching to another provider would be my choice too. It may be that I always have good speeds at home because we have a railroad 500 or so feet away.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i was with sprint for 5 years and up until febuary 2011 i was happy aside from the horrid customer service. then the slow data speeds started along with not being able to make or receive phone calls or texts. in june my wife and i moved to verizon and even though we pay $30 more a month even with my employee discount we are 10x more happy. the customer service has been outstanding and my service is awesome. the 3g and lte speeds are ten fold what sprint has.

i know people bash verizon but i am totally satisfied with them. when my two year contract is up in 2013 and when i loose unlimited data we may look at our options at that point.

if sprint axes the unlimited data plans and does not fix their network i can see mass amounts of people leaving.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:24 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
I wouldn't goto VZ unless I was making at least $1000 a month. Sprints dialup level 3G speeds have been driving me crazy tho,so much that I'm considering either T-mobile or USCC.

verizon isn't that expensive. good luck with tmobile because their actually worse than sprint. i suggest you look into cricket wireless and see if you can get your phone on that network. ive always heard good things about them.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
carriers, sprint, verizon