PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint - Text Messages Not Going Through

Seems like the last few weeks that I have been having issues with text messages on my sprint account and I wanted to see if anyone else was having the same or similar problems.

Not only is it affecting my phone (TP2) but also my wifes phone and my son's (Both non-smart phones). The problem occurs for all of us not only at home but away as well and in good coverage areas. I've ruled out my airvanna for now since the problem also happens away from home. There does not seem to be any issues with calls or voicemail, although one time while at home my calls were going directly to VM. A reboot of the airvana fixed that.

The problem with the texts is interesting. Sometimes the text will be received by the recipient several days later. Sometimes the recipient will receive multiple repeat texts even if only one was sent. The aforementioned occur without any error messages. There was one time that one of my friends received multiple repeat messages at 3am from me and they were messages that I had sent days earlier and had deleted from my sent folder.

Other times we will get an error message stating that the text was not sent. Sometimes it will go through, other times not. Also, when sending long text messages it seems like only the 2nd half of the message is received. To this date, whenever that happens, the recipient never receives the first part.

Not only is it puzzling but frustrating as well since I primarily use text messages while in class since it may be 3 to 4 hours before I can get out and make a call or check my voicemail.

Just wanted to get some opinions before I start being a PITA to Sprint again. I've still not gotten over them telling me that my TP2 is not a smartphone....but thats another story.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have updated the PRL on my phone.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by DaveTN; 08-01-2011 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

accrajoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint - Text Messages Not Going Through

I'm very familiar with this issue so I know how annoying you must find it to be. It's also annoying for the recipient of the text. I can recall countless times where a friend texted me a question and I reply instantly, only to be cursed out some hours later because the friend thought I ignored him. The text would then magically appear later on, proving that I did indeed reply to him.

You say you have a TP2. The problem actually became worse for me when I upgraded from a Touch Pro to a TP2. I would try over and over to text someone and get an error each time stating that the text cannot be sent. And then some days later the intended recipient would reply to me asking why I'm repeating myself. However, I don't think I've ever sent one text and had multiple texts be transmitted to the other end.

Anyway, I upgraded to an LG Optimus a couple weeks ago and I haven't had any texting problems since then. I was going to say it could be your phone, but you said your wife and kid have the same issues so it can't be just that. It has to be Sprint's network. Updating PRL made no difference for me, and Sprint was not helpful either when I told them about the issue. If you do call them then I hope you have better luck than I did.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you are using HTC Messaging to send texts then that may be the problem. I suggest using WM Messaging instead because it's much more reliable. If your device is switching between home and roam a lot that can effect texts like this. Also, if you are trying to send a text when someone is sending you one then both messages can get screwed up. I am just stating here what I have learned and experienced myself. It can be annoying at times. Make sure you clear out old messages from time to time: Click Menu then Tools then Clear SMS/MMS.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Thanks for the replies guys. That may address my issue with the WM phone but its still happening to my wife and son with their non-smartphones.

David
Old 08-07-2011, 02:08 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

I had this issue on my epic about 3 days ago. I had to resend every message about 2-3 times . I would reboot it thinking that might help. They did go through but after couple times of hitting resend. I also reflash my rom didn't reinstall the custom theme aand the custom boot I was running cause I didn't want that for any reason affecting my phone ( which I know is dumb to think that but I was tired of this issue) but the next day everything went back to normal.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

again, it's because sprints networks/towers are overloaded. go to the sprint forums and see all the complaints about it.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

again, thanks.

David

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion