PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Sprint + Google Voice = Questions the need answering! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144539)

toviaheli 06-13-2011 04:15 PM

Sprint + Google Voice = Questions the need answering!

I managed to get a Sprint Pick 3 package on both my Sprint lines a while back. So right now all call made to and from my Google Voice number are free.

I really do not understand the benefit of making my Sprint Phone number into my Google Voice Number? What would this do for me?

scrosler 06-13-2011 04:33 PM

Re: Sprint + Google Voice = Questions the need answering!

Quote:

Originally Posted by toviaheli (Post 2115028)
I managed to get a Sprint Pick 3 package on both my Sprint lines a while back. So right now all call made to and from my Google Voice number are free.

I really do not understand the benefit of making my Sprint Phone number into my Google Voice Number? What would this do for me?

Here is my opinion... At has some cool features but not worth it due to some of the limitations...

Pros
1. Can set it up to block numbers so they never reach your phone.
2. You can set it up to reach multiple phones if you are not available at one. For example: If your primary phone is turned off or otherwise not available for you to answer you can have it ring another phone.

Cons
1. Cannot get threaded text messaging to work correctly
2. Requires another app to be loaded on your phone

Thats just my two cents.

toviaheli 06-13-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrosler (Post 2115035)
Here is my opinion... At has some cool features but not worth it due to some of the limitations...

Pros
1. Can set it up to block numbers so they never reach your phone.
2. You can set it up to reach multiple phones if you are not available at one. For example: If your primary phone is turned off or otherwise not available for you to answer you can have it ring another phone.

Cons
1. Cannot get threaded text messaging to work correctly
2. Requires another app to be loaded on your phone

Thats just my two cents.

Thanks for the response. I'd love to get more from others as well!
What other benefits?

For example, since all my incoming and outgoing calls are currently free for me since I only give out my Google Voice number and only make calls using my Google Voice, would I loose that my making my Sprint Number my GV Number?

toviaheli 06-14-2011 04:49 PM

I"m gonna BUMP!
Anyone else with feedback on their experiences?

Da Uniq 1 06-14-2011 06:49 PM

You can get email transcripts of voicemail or listen to VM thru any PC and the internet. You can pick up call while someone is leaving a msg. You can also have different greeting for different callers.

I didn't port my #. So I have my sprint # and my GV #. My reason is so I can give one # to soliciters.

Friends and Fam have my main #.

Also, I meet someone new, I give them GV. If it doesn't pan out, then no worries. Block them.

I am officially stalker free lol

toviaheli 06-20-2011 10:55 PM

1) If I port my number to Google and keep my Sprint Service
Are Incoming and Outgoing calls to my "google number" free? Or will Sprint charge as usual for incoming and outgoing calls?

Mswezey 06-21-2011 12:05 AM

I ported my number... I just use my sprint number now

and I can still block people from calling ;)

toviaheli 06-21-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mswezey (Post 2117464)
I ported my number... I just use my sprint number now

and I can still block people from calling ;)

Yes, but...
Are call to and from your "now ported" number free through Google Voice?

Da Uniq 1 06-21-2011 01:51 PM

Uses minutes just like if you called your VM before you ported if calls are made prior to nights & weekends.

For me, since I didn't port #, calls from or to GV count against my minute usage.

Azrial 06-23-2011 11:46 AM

So.... calls to Google Voice are billed as landlines numbers using anytime minutes? I would have though that this was a VOIP number and would be billed the same as cellular.

I have the Sprint Everything Data 450 Plan. I was not given the "Pick 3" option, I do not think that it is offered with my plan.