PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 03:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sero premium vs boost mobile cdma

anyone else thinking of dropping sprint sero for boost? Or already have?

I'm thinking that while I'll be paying more for the first 18 months, after that boost will be cheaper. And I can upgrade to whatever phone I want, I'd have to buy it outright/second hand and activate it myself but that's not a problem.

Since Sero Premium doesn't have 4g at $40, I wouldn't be missing 4g on boost anyhow. Plus 4g isnt out in my area.

So is there any benefits/or not to switching? I can see myself jumping at the idea of using new windows 7 phones or evos at $35/month but I kind of want some more opinions on if this is a good move

Last edited by EyeB; 04-06-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: sero premium vs boost mobile cdma

i would never give up my sero plan but if you like boost better go for it.
not too familiar with boost but my understanding is there is no roaming, no free nights/weekends, no mobile to mobile, very limited phone selection and really not much cheaper. how exactly are you going to use an evo or windows phone on boost?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

Monthly Unlimited | Boost Mobile
Boost has unlimited mobile to mobile, internet, text, email
starts at $50 but shrinks to $35/month

So all in all, it has everything but roaming that sero has from what I can tell. I'm not sure if I want to switch or not, I've not used boost before but since it is using sprint's network and I have no problem with sprint network I'd assume boost is just as good.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
Monthly Unlimited | Boost Mobile
Boost has unlimited mobile to mobile, internet, text, email
starts at $50 but shrinks to $35/month

So all in all, it has everything but roaming that sero has from what I can tell. I'm not sure if I want to switch or not, I've not used boost before but since it is using sprint's network and I have no problem with sprint network I'd assume boost is just as good.
Well here are some possible downsides:

1) you'll have to get your phone illegally

2) boost customer service from what I hear isnt as good

3) Do you get to roam verizon on boost?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

why would i need to get my phone illegally? I have a sprint touch pro, I can flash it to boost...

meh, I never use customer service so far, never needed to with sprint.
Dont know about roaming either, I never had to do that either lol
Old 04-07-2011, 04:02 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
why would i need to get my phone illegally? I have a sprint touch pro, I can flash it to boost...
Touch pro yes you can..but any other none winmo smarthphone wont flash by regular means.

Quote:
meh, I never use customer service so far, never needed to with sprint.
Dont know about roaming either, I never had to do that either lol
you may be roaming without realizing you are in some places..you can turn off roaming and see how it is I guess..
Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

411 is free with Boost and not SERO (if anybody still uses that). Int'l texting and insurance are cheaper with Boost as well. Are there any extra fees with them, monthly or otherwise? The way I see it, the only reasons to stay with SERO are 1) phone selection, 2) you travel/roam a lot, and 3) you don't really need a boatload of minutes. I personally don't subscribe to any of those three.

The Boost Unlimited/Shrinkage deal seems great on paper.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
. Int'l texting and insurance are cheaper with Boost as well.
how do you get boost insurance on an unsanctioned phone? unless your talking about squaretrade or something.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

cody_cummins is just getting started

I've had my boost phone service for a year now and to tell you what I cant complain one bit, i have always had good coverage and enjoyed having my tp2 on it with no problems, but recently i got a sprint plan for the evo and gave my girlfriend my tp2 on boost and still have the plan open for her, to be completely honest 50 dollars a month for the service and get down to $35 you cant go wrong and as far as CS goes i honestly think there great one time they added $15 dollars to my account just cause i had an issue it took them 30 mins to fix to be honest i wouldnt second guess going to boost if your thinking about it, there is one downside though and that is the phones, the boost phones really arent the most high tech equipment but if your satisfied with talking and txting then get a boost phone, if you wanna do more such as apps and internet surfing id do like i did and get a tp2 and put it on boost. Putting a tp2 on boost is pretty simple (atleast it was for me) call the boost cs give them your tp2 esn and your good to go, the phone should activate it's self atleast mine did!

HTC Touch Pro 2 on Boost Mobile
Old 04-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

so it is a lot like regular sero but no option to upgrade if you want later on.
so regular sero is only $30 vs $35 on boost. tell me again why this is better?

you mention phone upgrades but their phones suck. you can get better phones on sero premium. you get ANY mobile to mobile not just sprint, better phone selection and phone subsidy for only $5 more. plus when 4g comes around you can hook up for cheap.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion