PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Worldwide...Currently Iraq

Good Coffee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Service: Hybrid Phones

Alright, since Sprint doesnt have a large variety of world phones available (CDMA/GSM Hybrid) does anyone here know if phones from another carrier, that are unlocked, can be used on the sprint network with a Sprint Sim card?
Old 03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Service: Hybrid Phones

seeing from your location that you are overseas at the moment...if you had your sprint roaming sim activated before you left the country...that would be a yes. but why would you want to use sprint's international roaming? it's expensive since they discontinued the sprint international roaming add-on plan early last year.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

Last edited by Mojary; 03-25-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:12 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

no its unlimited data int'l for 39.99 a month buddy... i dont use the actual "call" feature due to it being 5.99/min.... gtalk, email and texting is all unlimited though
Old 03-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

Bigtyme34 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Bigtyme34

No buddy that add on has been discontinued....it is only available if you had it before sprint stopped allowing this service!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

okay sir i know what i have on my plan and just had it added on in December, so whatever you say BTW why the anger? LOL
Old 03-27-2011, 12:12 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

lol. noob fight. quick, somebody get me some jujubees.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wow
Old 03-29-2011, 05:16 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

OP, you should be able to use your sprint roaming sim card on a sim unlocked phone. have you tried it yet? any reason why you won't use your tp2?

and you're right...i was thinking of the int'l data roaming add-on...sorry for the wrong info. how were you able to get it added on to your plan when it was discontinued in april of last year? because i was trying to get that added on before i left for asia summer of last year and they wouldn't add it because the CS said they don't have that anymore.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
OP, you should be able to use your sprint roaming sim card on a sim unlocked phone. have you tried it yet? any reason why you won't use your tp2?

and you're right...i was thinking of the int'l data roaming add-on...sorry for the wrong info. how were you able to get it added on to your plan when it was discontinued in april of last year? because i was trying to get that added on before i left for asia summer of last year and they wouldn't add it because the CS said they don't have that anymore.

That's right CHIEF!!! That's what you get for leaving.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:58 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mojary, i am not sure why? i had a BB with Simply everything + 39.99 add on....i then swapped to the TP2 and changed to unlimited data with 400 minutes talk time for 69.99 + the 39.99 add on after Christmas....

i have been a sprint customer for like 10 years, maybe that's why, i really don't know.

i had no idea they discontinued any plans as i really don't ever have an issue when i call sprint to get anything switched up/resolved. they are always pretty helpful, which is odd because i dont normally expect good customer service like that from such a large company.

edit: i dont like winmo is the main reason i want to switch phones... i really wish the evo slide was a world (gsm + cdma) but its not, so i need to look at other avenues. i like the touch screen/full qwerty, my preference, but there arent too many out there that meet that demand....

Last edited by Good Coffee; 03-31-2011 at 08:49 AM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion