PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Well, Is it good or bad ?
Good ! Awsome GSM will be great in the US 1 5.00%
BAD ! AT&T will be too big and take out smaller carriers 17 85.00%
I could care less, I just wanted to vote on this poll 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 02:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
AT&T and T-Mobile Meger, Good or Bad ?

So by now we have all heard, AT&T is going to buy T-mobile USA for $39 billion ($25bil in cash, $14billion in stock=8% share of AT&T). Well, at least try, it's still gota be approved by the DOJ..

So, what do you think ? Good or Bad ?

One side of me says, Now Verizon can't say they have the best network any more, because once AT/T-mo merge and they share the same GSM network, AT&T will be larger at that point.

If you deside to get a new Cell phone, Verizon or AT&T, prices will be close and coverage will be great almost anywhere in the US. Infact if the network coverage is just as good, I'm sure it will effect pricing a little because why would you go to one or the other, Phone and price.

This also means Sprint could get eaten up by them. They would be the smallest and could not compete with companies as large as them, so prices would have to be really low and that would kill their bottom line, resulting in Verizon grabbing them at some point (Not sure but, CDMA to CDMA)

I thnk it's a good idea, GSM can finally compete with CDMA in the US....it's about time, The choice will be here...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 03-21-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I see this as all bad for ATT, if they take away unlimited data, they will have shot themselves in the foot.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
This is bad. At this point, the prices for tmo are great. The prices for att are horrible. Now tmo customers are going to only get 2gb of data for a higher price than they are paying for 5gb. This is really bad for the consumer. This sale should have never been allowed.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: AT&T and T-Mobile Meger, Good or Bad ?

AT&T and T-Mobile: Good for whom? | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Another good read...

I agree AT&T's customer service sucks, it's a known fact why they have been in last place for the most part over the years. It's also the fact, if it works, you don't deal with customer service (I never call Verizon unless I have a problem or need a new phone, AKA problem).

I only see it as a coverage thing, Between AT&T and T-mobile, the GSM coverage in the US will be great once they are combined. That is what I see here.

As it stands, GSM is questionable in a lot of areas, it could get a lot better.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i'll get a jitterbug after my contract is up with at&t-mobile .
Old 03-21-2011, 01:06 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

its good for t-mobile ppl short term...its bad for tmobile ppl and everyone else long term..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-21-2011, 01:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Htc Vogue

speedy1979 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

It seems like we may be headed back to the bad old days of "Ma bell". If the FCC approves this merger. Then Sprint may be forced to sell its self to verizon for the sake of survival.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

with the economy the way it is right now....if the prices go up...i will have to settle for a pre-paid plan. either that or go back to just using the house phone.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

i'll get a pager and a calling card, circa 1990.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i'll get a pager and a calling card, circa 1990.
Hehe....funny thing, I was looking through a old box that got carried back from my parents house. There was my old pager...heh, can't believe I carried that thing around.

I guess all the Sprint and T-mobile people are saying no, but, it is what it is...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion