PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

timboi59 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
contract question

Quick question. If I walked into sprint with a evo 4g clean esn and wanted to start a plan. Would I have to have a contract and would they do a credit check and make me put down a deposit? What am I looking at here. ( yes my credit is damaged so im trying to avoid a contract and a deposit)
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: contract question

sprint will require you to have a contract. they won't do a credit check again...they'll just go by how many lines you are allowed on your current account.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

glad you finally got an answer. it's a tricky one with Big Red. We will let you activate your own device on no contract, but some stores tell you otherwise. I've done it myself, it's possible on Verizon. Maybe Sprint will one day....

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

timboi59 is a n00b

Im not sure what you are saying really. I dont currently have an account with sprint. I was given a evo with a clean esn from a friend. I was wondering if I went to get an account if I would still have to pay a deposit and get a contract even if I already have the phone?
Old 03-15-2011, 04:01 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timboi59 View Post
Im not sure what you are saying really. I dont currently have an account with sprint. I was given a evo with a clean esn from a friend. I was wondering if I went to get an account if I would still have to pay a deposit and get a contract even if I already have the phone?
D'OH!!

sorry about that. i thought you already had an account with sprint (assumed it based on your device and carrier info). but the answer would still be yes...but since you're not a current sprint customer, yes they will do a credit check and based on that, will determine how much of a deposit you will need on the account. most likely, you're account will also have a monthly spending limit on it.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
glad you finally got an answer. it's a tricky one with Big Red. We will let you activate your own device on no contract, but some stores tell you otherwise. I've done it myself, it's possible on Verizon. Maybe Sprint will one day....
Yea, Verizon does this, as long as your a member in good standing (your bill is paid). You can switch hardware all the time with no fee or other BS.

I can't even count how many times I have done this, on-line and over the phone with them...I've been out of a contract for like 5 years now.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion