PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Bonbons is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
23% off Sprint

Hey guys, I found this on another forum. Thought I'd share. Has anyone got this deal? Is it legit?

Through this website called studentrate, it says you can get....
HTC EVO - $299
Mail-in Rebate - $(100.00)
$50.00 Account Credit - $(50.00)
StudentRate Rebate - $(25.00)
Free Car Charger - $(35.00)
STUDENTRATE PRICE - $89.00

plus
23% discount off of Monthly Recurring Fees available to qualified members
Waived Activation Fee
Free Overnight Shipping

Here's the Sprint Discount Form you have to fill out and then it says someone from Sprint will contact you.

Let me know if anyone knows anything else about this.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: 23% off Sprint

Where do I put my social security number and mother's maiden name? Also there was no place for any of my credit card numbers???
Old 02-23-2011, 09:40 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

its legit. student rate has been around a while. you get discounts on handsets too.
a friend of mine rocked a mogul forever on his brother in laws plan. he didnt think he could afford anything else. i showed him this (well, not this in particular, but studentrate.com ) and he got hte epic for 99 dollars and a 20 something discount on his bill.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bonbons is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Where do I put my social security number and mother's maiden name? Also there was no place for any of my credit card numbers???
If you just fill out the form a rep will contact you and set you up. This isn't where you put in your credit card info.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:06 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbons View Post
If you just fill out the form a rep will contact you and set you up. This isn't where you put in your credit card info.
he was impying that it is a scam and that they are phishing for personal info...
Old 02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you can get 25-27% off already in a thread on this site... no purchase required even..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...rint-bill.html ive been using this almost 2 years now
Old 02-26-2011, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c (busted)

PhatboyNYC is just getting started

too bad it doesn't work for SERO accounts
Old 02-26-2011, 12:49 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatboyNYC View Post
too bad it doesn't work for SERO accounts
Have you tried it? I'm getting 22% off my Sero plan right now!

Sent from an Epic 3G on SERO
Old 02-28-2011, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bonbons is a n00b

Just found out Sprint is having a special, when you transfer your cell # from another carrier to Sprint and you buy a smartphone you get $125 service credit. Pretty sweet.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Curve

BigBlue32 is a n00b

This sounds like a really good deal. Do you have to be a student to get it?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion