PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint looks poised to enter an LTE future

Well, we all saw this coming.

Sprint looks poised to enter an LTE future | Phones | iOS Central | Macworld
Old 02-18-2011, 12:32 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: Sprint looks poised to enter an LTE future

that article needed an editor in a major way.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Since this is Sprint specific, but more than just the EVO, I have moved this to the Carrier Discussion forum.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:19 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

shouldn't this be merged with the other one OP created?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Well, Now that Verizon, Sprint AT&T (didn't T-mobile say it somewhere?) are going or thinking about going to LTE, some day, 10 years from now, we will all be in mobile harmony.

At least one would think....but, I'm sure someone will phuck it up just to try to make a few dollars...

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 02-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO!!!

RONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuffRONMAC knows their stuff

I look forward to Sprint using LTE. Once they start using LTE, they will probably setup roaming agreements with VZW like they did with the CDMA network and we will have the most incredible network EVER!!! Not to mention the fact that AT&T will be using LTE as well, so there might be more roaming agreements with them as well.

Now if we could just get everyone to be on the same page with NET NEUTRALITY, we will truly be living in perfect data harmony!
Old 03-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONMAC View Post
I look forward to Sprint using LTE. Once they start using LTE, they will probably setup roaming agreements with VZW like they did with the CDMA network and we will have the most incredible network EVER!!!
Not saying this is the case but to me, it seems unwise for Verizon to enter into an equitable deal with Sprint. Handing over total and fair access to their network cancels out Verizon's selling point of having the most powerful and awesomest network. If they no longer compete on coverage, then what is left... price?

Although the iPhone may swing this the other way, or rising cost of network management and maintenance, etc..
Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

monkeyboy is keeping up the good workmonkeyboy is keeping up the good work

I would NOT count on Verizon entering into any *fair, cheap* LTE roaming agreements with Sprint. Verizon has specifically said that they don't believe they should be required to offer affordable roaming to any carrier that OWNs spectrum in that locality (i.e. Sprint, which owns spectrum licenses almost everywhere in the US). Verizon says: If a carrier has spectrum rights in a locality, then they should put up towers and build out their network for that locality, instead of trying to provide coverage on the CHEAP using roaming on Verizon.

Besides which Sprint's spectrum is completely different from Verizon/AT&T's 700MHZ LTE bands and its not obvious that Sprint will offer 4G handsets that would include 700Mhz radios just for the purposes of roaming.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:31 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Right now the contract for Sprint roaming Verizon's network is for 1x only...aka you can't even roam Verizon's 3g...so I doubt they will do that for 4g...

That said I really wish they do what they did in Russia...all the 6 carriers agreed to team up to build out their networks together...

I honestly see this separation to be pathetic and wasteful..in NYC for example..for landlines there is only 1 company, verizon (with exception of like 1 other line but 99.9% is verizon), and all the other lease it competitively. Same for electricity and many other things...

I don't see why we need our carriers to be so far apart from each others..cellphones are VITAL for many things..and if you think about it..if ALL carriers divided up the USA build out and leased spectrum from each other we could have 100% coverage of the entire USA.. instead now we have 5 antennas from 5 different carriers covering the SAME areas..

Then all the spare spectrum can be used to allow for more bandwidth and other services...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion