PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140850)

avlon 02-12-2011 07:33 PM

Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee?

Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee? | PhoneNews.com

Apologies if this has already been posted here.

Discuss.

gator352 02-12-2011 08:24 PM

Re: Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee?

Holy bat terds batman! This "might" be great news! Thanks for the info!

darren.wlsn1 02-12-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 2055266)
Holy bat terds batman! This "might" be great news! Thanks for the info!

im at my friends sprint store now its its no big deal, EVERY SMARTPHONE STILL WILL BE PAYING A EXTRA 10 BONES> only thing gone now is 4g premium data bs but now 4g users get slapped with 10$ smartphone charge now.

yankees45us 02-12-2011 09:00 PM

The fee so far is only being taken off single accounts not family. Hopefully that's just the beginning.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

avlon 02-12-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2055270)
im at my friends sprint store now its its no big deal, EVERY SMARTPHONE STILL WILL BE PAYING A EXTRA 10 BONES> only thing gone now is 4g premium data bs but now 4g users get slapped with 10$ smartphone charge now.

So they are now changing the name of the add on?

It seems to be completely gone from my online billing page. So it may return under a different name?

Whatever they are doing...they are being very quiet about it...and playing a dangerous game of "No ETF subscriber loss gamble" this year.

I'm hoping that removing Premium data is a counter move to ATT now offering any mobile/any time. A guy can dream.

darren.wlsn1 02-12-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avlon (Post 2055332)
So they are now changing the name of the add on?

It seems to be completely gone from my online billing page. So it may return under a different name?

Whatever they are doing...they are being very quiet about it...and playing a dangerous game of "No ETF subscriber loss gamble" this year.

I'm hoping that removing Premium data is a counter move to ATT now offering any mobile/any time. A guy can dream.

exactly, the 4g premium data (epic/evo) is now gone BUT the new 10$ fee will be implemented on all data plans or smartphones with it. i have no idea what its called or gonna be called but sprints not really dropping anything from what i get from all this.

gullzway 02-12-2011 11:49 PM

Confused :confused:

So can you go to SERO premium for $40/month and activate an EVO or Epic? Or will it still cost $50/month?

darren.wlsn1 02-12-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2055338)

So can you go to SERO premium for $40/month and activate an EVO or Epic? Or will it still cost $50/month?

i can ask my sprint guy monday for definite answer if you dont get answer here cause i have no clue. if you wanna know monday pm me and i will pm you my # to text me cause im rooting a few evo's at his store (lol) monday.

avlon 02-13-2011 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gullzway (Post 2055338)

I certainly hope it's the $40 because I like how this currently looks when I log on to my account.

quick99si 02-13-2011 10:22 AM

Was this some kind of underhanded move to boost smartphone sales and lock people into contracts right before VZW released the iPhone? I know of a few people who bought up phones hoping to avoid the $10 fee effective 1/30/11 lol can Sprint make a single step without pissing somebody off??