PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Carrier: Sprint

mike99 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is this possible to get on Sprint?

I hope there are people here who either work for Sprint or familiar very well with its rules.

I am a current Sprint customer (about 7 yrs). I would like to add multiple lines to consolidate all family members with to one carrier. Here is the catch! I need to have some of the lines voice+data and some lines voice only.

CS tells me I cannot do that: it is either or. I would have to open several accounts, one for all voice lines and another for data and voice lines. Unfortunately, it is just as expensive as having multiple accounts on multiple carriers.

Can I somehow add a data plan for extra ($25-30) to some of the lines, just like I can do on all other major US carriers?

Hope someone knows the answer.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Mike
Old 02-08-2011, 02:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

nyczwillz is keeping up the good worknyczwillz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nyczwillz
Re: Is this possible to get on Sprint?

AFAIK, Sprint only allows categories like either you have data, voice, messaging only or voice only or voice and messaging.

Your best option would be to open one family plan with data and another with voice only or voice messaging. Look into the SERO plans. Or whatever they're called now, EPRP?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you can disable data on the line you dont want it used on...

unfortunately they're going to try to force you into and Evrything Family plan... i have 5 smartphones with sprint and after discounts its about 150-160 a month... thats the Everything Family Data Share 1500 Plan
Old 02-08-2011, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

if you look in the sprint service plan guide after the family plans there is a section for business plans, which would do what your are looking for but would more then likely be less cost effective then grouping everyone on a 1.5k or 3k data share. also keep in mind you can not have more then 5 lines on a share plan and you can only have one share grouping per account. the way they business plans work is that they pool minuets and you pay for what features you need per line, but from what i have seen is that unless you are looking at 10-15+ subscribers its cheaper to keep them on consumer share plans and split the account if you have to.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

approx. how much do u pay per line? and how many line are you trying to have?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc TP2
Threadstarter

mike99 is just getting started

Well,

I am on an old (5yrs or so back) plan now, having 2 lines, one with unlimited data and one without. I pay about $75/m for 550 shared minutes. I need a total of 5 lines, 2 with data and 3 without.

T-Mo promotion will let me have the plan I want with shared 3K minutes for about $165/m. I would rather not leave Sprint, but not sure they can come even close in pricing.

Thanks for the replies.

Mike

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion