PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 > Mogul > TP > TP2 > Ego 4G > Evo3D > Evo-ltE
Carrier: Sprint

PhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuffPhyscoAssassinx knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Class Action Lawsuit Against Sprint for the 10$ Fee!

Found this online

December 3, 2010

If You Purchased a Sprint EVO 4G or EPIC 4G Cellphone, You May Be Interested in a Class Action Lawsuit
A class action lawsuit was filed alleging that Sprint customers that purchased the EVO 4G or EPIC 4G cellphones are being charged a $10 monthly “Premium Data Add-On” fee, despite the fact that these customers had already paid for unlimited data usage under their existing Sprint calling plans.

Law Offices of Scott A. Bursor, Law Offices of Scott A. Bursor, is investigating claims that these charges may be improper.

If you purchased a Sprint EVO 4G or EPIC 4G cellphone, we would like to hear from you so we can investigate whether you incurred this charge, how many customers have been affected, and whether there may be valid legal claims for a refund. Please contact us by responding to this email or by calling us directly at (646) 504-7781.

About Law Offices of Scott A. Bursor

Scott A. Bursor, has represented plaintiffs in class action lawsuits against Sprint and other wireless carriers since 2002. Many of these cases are discussed in detail at Law Offices of Scott A. Bursor.

Scott A. Bursor
Email: info@bursor.com
Law Offices of Scott A. Bursor

-----------> Link
Law Offices of Scott A. Bursor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..
This post has been thanked 10 times.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78
Re: Class Action Lawsuit Against Sprint for the 10$ Fee!

If this CAL is indeed in the works, I am sure Sprint will be ordered to do something for their customers. Thanks for the info though!

Give some
Old 12-05-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and to the curb I kicked, WINMO

shatner is keeping up the good workshatner is keeping up the good work

whoa, I wonder if they will use Dan Hesse' own words against him
YouTube - Dan Hesse saying 4G is free, but now "Premium Data" is $10 a month! http://explainthefee.com
Old 12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't mind the $10 fee, in fact I love it. Its cheap as hell for what we do with this phone and all those getting free tether and using their phone as their primary internet connection and downloading 30-50-100gbs a month. You all should be happy too, have you seen what Verizon and the others are charging. Who the hell cares if you don't live in a 4g area. If you travel somewhere that does are you telling me you don't want to rock your phone out. If you can't handle the $10 bucks you shouldn't buy an expensive phone or a smartphone. Why don't you go out and buy one of those giant number cricket phones for the old folks and stop your whining.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
And what would we gain from this CAL if it is indeed ruled against Sprint? Higher data plans with capped data? We already have the cheapest plan out of all the major carriers so why even continue to debate whether the premium fee is legit or not?

EVO on Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Actually, it's not cheap as hell. I have 4 phones on a plan... so it's $500 a year (as much as my Time Warner 20/2 meg internet service a year).

I already accepted and purchased an unlimited plan.. that was not so unlimited.

I would have accepted the free better if they said it was a "premium device fee" - more then a "premium data fee"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
I would have accepted the free better if they said it was a "premium device fee" - more then a "premium data fee"
^^^ I wish this site had a a "like" button I could click for this post...lol...I couldn't have said it better!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

akmzero is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
I don't mind the $10 fee, in fact I love it. Its cheap as hell for what we do with this phone and all those getting free tether and using their phone as their primary internet connection and downloading 30-50-100gbs a month. You all should be happy too, have you seen what Verizon and the others are charging. Who the hell cares if you don't live in a 4g area. If you travel somewhere that does are you telling me you don't want to rock your phone out. If you can't handle the $10 bucks you shouldn't buy an expensive phone or a smartphone. Why don't you go out and buy one of those giant number cricket phones for the old folks and stop your whining.
Well put sir, well put.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
Actually, it's not cheap as hell. I have 4 phones on a plan... so it's $500 a year (as much as my Time Warner 20/2 meg internet service a year).

I already accepted and purchased an unlimited plan.. that was not so unlimited.

We know that Sprint lied when they initially said 4g was gonna be no extra charge, and that the premium data fee was just a way to cover their ass about lying about 4g being free and in turn avoiding a bunch of baiting and switching cases, but it's still cheap. We could be getting raped like Verizon or AT&Terrible customers!

EVO on Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im just wondering how this is gonna go.... reimbursement for previously incurred charges but then jacked up rates. thats fine by me... nothing personal to the new comers but i already have plan and they cant exactly change it mid contract can they... also im sure everyone is gonna have a field day with this one.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion