PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 09:12 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SERO Plans No Longer Discountable Effective 3/1/11!

Just noticed this on my new Bill. "SERO Plans No Longer Discountable
Effective 3/1/11, SERO rate plans will no longer be discountable. Please send any questions to everythingreferral@sprint.com. "

At the bottom of your Online Bill Click on "Important Information Relating To Your Sprint Bill"

I kind of like my $28.47 After taxes bill. So does this mean they will Remove the Discounts on 3/1/11, or similar to the New 3G fee, if you make any changes you will lose the discount? This will put me at $35/month After taxes. LOL!

There's also info on the Sprint Premier changes, Sprint Premier Gold and Silver

However this is not applicable to the $30 SERO Plan.

Last edited by gullzway; 02-03-2011 at 09:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: SERO Plans No Longer Discountable Effective 3/1/11!

Judging by the way it was announced, I would assume it's a complete sweep of active SERO accounts and removal of unauthorized discounts/perks. But you never really know with Sprint..
Old 02-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They took my SERO discount away several months ago. Looks like they're finally getting around to everyone.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

no offense, but good... why do you need a discount on a $30-$40 cell bill anyways..
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

tomc585 is becoming a great contributor

I hope it's just the discounts on the base plan and not the perks.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 AM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
no offense, but good... why do you need a discount on a $30-$40 cell bill anyways..
Why should it matter how much my plan is? If my Employer is eligible for a discount with Sprint, wouldn't that be discrimination if I didn't get it?
Old 03-05-2011, 02:59 PM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

Discount is Gone!

My new bill doesn't have my 22% discount.
Oh well, at $35/month total after taxes I'm not too concerned.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think that with the amount of data we all use, $30 bucks is still a great plan seeing you still have unlimited data

Sprint has to do something to get their funds back in order. I'm sure this just helps a little bit.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 03-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

If you had a discount on Sero, you were living on borrowed time anyway. You should have been expecting it every month!

Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

bonanz is a n00b

I just got my discount taken away finally. I'm kinda relieved. ever since the sero-p announcement i've wanted to trade in me and the wife's tp2 and upgrade, but didn't want to disturb my 25%.

Would someone be so kind as to bring me up to speed on the current state of affairs regarding the sero premium? I remember at one point it was like 10$ for "iconic phone" + $10 for "premium data" (aka 4g)...but then i thought i read there was a lawsuit or something and rephrasing of "premium data" or doing away with one of those fees??

if I upgraded to an evo, would that be just $10 per line? or would ti be both fees?

if evo is $20/mo, are there any phones that are upgradeable that don't require one or both of those fees?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion