PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

try going into the store! i went into store a few months ago after my 3rd replacement and asked them are there any other phone i could get instead of the tp2. i decided to keep the tp2 because the offered the snap and some other wm phone (to me was a downgrade), but they did offer me a different phone! but what made lol in the guy face!! he tells me "all wm's devices are the same, they just look different"

Last edited by blackmagic352; 02-09-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli
Re: Does the WEL program still exist? Im on TP2 #6 with no options but more refurbs.

WEL does exist. I started a thread about it a few years ago. It is in this forum section somewher. Search for sprint customer service. You will need to call the corporate office hotline, knjown as the Consumerist Hotline. After 3-4 of the same model being replaced in the same year, they should have offered you something else, or at least New In The Box replacements of the same model. I've had the same experience with Sprint a few years ago, and ended up talking with Jerry Adriano, one of the VP's. If you give hom a call, tell him I said hello.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 02-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

TruStylez is a n00b
Re: Does the WEL program still exist? Im on TP2 #6 with no options but more refurbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertlarios View Post
Ok so ive decided to post what ive found on the interent....here goes:

So far just rumors but better than nothin....

So the WEL Program does exist... But its integrated into the Advanced Exchange Program.

They way it works (supposedly) is: They have a list of options when replacing phones. If the first option is not available they move on to the next and then the next and then the next:

1. replace with same phone (refurbished)

2. replace with same phone (NIB)

3. replace with comparable phone (refurbished)

4. replace with comparable phone (NIB)

Another rumor i read is that after a certain amount of replacements in a short amount of time (relative term); most likely (from what i read) 2-3 months, you will have the chance at the advanced exchange program giving the the Advanced Tech Support Representative the option to get you into another phone. Also it looks like you need 6+ replacements for this to occur.

So can anyone confirm any of this though personal experience...?
Those steps are true from my personal experiance. I started with the Mogul, then they sent me a brand new Touch and then a brand new Touch Pro 2. I've been through several Touch Pro 2's and I'm not sure what they're going to do when you reach that certain number because all the new phones require that new data package.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
multiple exchange departm, sprint, tp2, wel list, wel program