PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2010, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54
extra $10 on my bill? (non 4G related)

I noticed my bill was about $10 higher than normal this month so i checked my statement, and saw this on my bill: Social Card: Alerts - SocialCard Alerts -10/24....9.99

what is that? i dont believe ive ever used or heard of this service. does anyone know what it is? is it a recurring charge or is it a one time thing?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:12 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: extra $10 on my bill? (non 4G related)

based on a quick google, my guess is a credit/identity monitoring service. although i'm not sure i'd trust one that tricked me into getting billed for it. a call to customer service should be able to give you a website or phone number for the service as well as stop/block said service.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

and yeah...that's going to be a monthly thing. so if you did not subscribe or accidentally subscribed to their service i'd call the toll free number to find out what happened and to cancel it. since it's through your phone, you can try to get online and see if sprint will credit your account the fee. but i think you only have a certain amount of time from purchase.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea, i contacted sprint. it turned out to be some sort of premium third party text messaging thing. no idea what happened or how it got added to my bill. i only text people i know. but anyways, they couldn't credit me on my bill, but they blocked the service so i couldn't get billed again.

although i just read an article on pocketnow about how android 2.3 will block "tapjacking", so maybe thats what happened. but i think that may just be me being paranoid.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

sounds like an accidental text message was sent to the third party company from your phone or their system registered the wrong number. good thing you got it taken care of. it happens often on verizon too and customers are like i don't remember this...lol

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 12-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's pretty obvious what happened here... one of your friends, in a cunning move to inflict damage to your overall financial situation, borrowed your phone with or without consent and signed you up for what is clearly a useless service. I advise you aggressively confront each of your friends, threatening physical violence of course, and then post the results here.

Subscribed.
Old 12-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
It's pretty obvious what happened here... one of your friends, in a cunning move to inflict damage to your overall financial situation, borrowed your phone with or without consent and signed you up for what is clearly a useless service. I advise you aggressively confront each of your friends, threatening physical violence of course, and then post the results here.

Subscribed.
Theres also several web based texting services that you can input any number into and send a text from it. I can also log onto sprints and verizons website and do the same from there.

David
Old 01-18-2011, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael 800
Carrier: Sextel

RavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good workRavenTBK is keeping up the good work

I was recently hotlined for a past due balance. Funny thing is I auto-pay every month my same set amount it always has been through my bank's web bill pay thing. This led to me doing an audit of recent bills.

I found "Socialcard: alerts", as mentioned above, billing me extra $10 for the last two bill cycles. Searching google led me here, as well as to several other useful sites. Figured I'd post up:

This is the source of the billing:
SocialCard: SocialCard

Also, Google revealed this...it also has something to do with GameStop:
GameStop Alerts! Extra $9.99 on your bill - SprintUsers.com

Apparently SocialCard is all tied in with facebook and crap... so who knows where it actually comes from. I clicked on the cancel button and input my number. It said my number is not subscribed! This led me to calling Sprint about this, as all my lines are already blocked from purchasing premium services in Ensemble.

Long story short, the premium services block only covers applications/ringtones, not premium texts. The rep blocked premium SMS from all my lines, and after a short hold time, removed the two months worth of "billing errors". He also let me know if anybody else I know receives SMS messages from any short code (5 digit number) that they did not request, they should reply with STOP immediately. Kinda goes against what all has been taught to us with regards to spam and all.

Although I still find it amusing I was receiving bills from a company that apparently had no records of me ever subscribing?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post

Subscribed.
I took your advice, figured I'd save time and confront everyone at once. While wielding a tire iron i threatened each and every one of them. they then all ganged up on me took my tire iron, and beat me senseless... Still don't know how i got subscribed to that text thing, but thanks for the advice though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post
I was recently hotlined for a past due balance. Funny thing is I auto-pay every month my same set amount it always has been through my bank's web bill pay thing. This led to me doing an audit of recent bills.

I found "Socialcard: alerts", as mentioned above, billing me extra $10 for the last two bill cycles. Searching google led me here, as well as to several other useful sites. Figured I'd post up:

This is the source of the billing:
SocialCard: SocialCard

Also, Google revealed this...it also has something to do with GameStop:
GameStop Alerts! Extra $9.99 on your bill - SprintUsers.com

Apparently SocialCard is all tied in with facebook and crap... so who knows where it actually comes from. I clicked on the cancel button and input my number. It said my number is not subscribed! This led me to calling Sprint about this, as all my lines are already blocked from purchasing premium services in Ensemble.

Long story short, the premium services block only covers applications/ringtones, not premium texts. The rep blocked premium SMS from all my lines, and after a short hold time, removed the two months worth of "billing errors". He also let me know if anybody else I know receives SMS messages from any short code (5 digit number) that they did not request, they should reply with STOP immediately. Kinda goes against what all has been taught to us with regards to spam and all.

Although I still find it amusing I was receiving bills from a company that apparently had no records of me ever subscribing?
I had a rep tell me the same thing, however it still showed up on my last bill. talked to the rep again, so hopefully its taken care of now. As for replying to these messages with STOP, I would have, but I have never received any text messages from any short code numbers... if theyre gonna take my $10, the least they could have done was send me a couple messages. sheesh.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:27 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/carrier-di...y-vendors.html

I realize that this is a Florida only thing at the moment but it seems it's an ongoing thing.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion