PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
VZW: Pre-order unreleased phones on-line ????

I was talking to a Verizon support rep a few days ago about my Network extender (POS in my eyes but, anyway). He goes in that I am eligible for a new phone (yea, I have been out of a contract for almost 5 years now) blah blah blah.

I tell him I am waiting for them to get a Windows phone 7 model and Android does not interest me.

So he tells me there is a place on My Verizon site that will show all the un-released phones and I could pre-order models and they will be at my door on or before release date.

The funny thing is I can't find this "place" on-line, does anyone know if this and is it even worth looking at ?

I was not at a computer when he told me about it, so I could not check, if no one knows, I'll call up and see if I can talk to the tech again.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 12-04-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:58 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: VZW: Pre-order unreleased phones on-line ????

I've never seen it, and I can't find it now, but that'd be killer if it exists! Maybe he's new and he's confused with their in-house system where they can view un-released devices.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Never believe dumb reps. If it sounds to good to be true then it is. The reps at the carriers amaze me with their stupidity,
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
Never believe dumb reps. If it sounds to good to be true then it is. The reps at the carriers amaze me with their stupidity,
That is what I was thinking when he was saying it but, he was very clear about some details, ordering, can canel up to time of release, item will ship most cases before release date etc. So unless he was a real good BS artist, it could be true.

At least Vzw logs the last techs name in your history, I'll try to call up this week and see if I can find any other details about this.

I'll post back, good or bad.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

So, I was paying calling up to pay my bill lat night and decided to hit 0 and talk to someone about this. SO after a rep who talked to a manager and a few other people on her team, they said this does not exist. They do no list pre-release phones on their website. I asked for the tech to be contacted and to return a call, I do not forsee any return call.

It really shocks me at the BS level of about 50% of the techs at VZW, it seems most will tell you thinking they are helping when they are just giving more of a headache. The CS person last night was very helpfull but, it does not detract from the last time I called.

Funny thing is every time I call, I get the survey message, so I gave the rep a good rating but, over all I gave it poor. I bet I get a call back from a manager on this one. I am always 100% honest about how I feel when I get off the phone.

Mods if you want to close this, go for it, there is no facts here...just more BS from customer service at a wireless provider.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Closed by OP request. We can reopen if anything comes to light about the topic.

eenie

BrennB
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion