PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 10:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: A Perma-Temp Rooted HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Little to no signal inside appartment

hey guys! i recently moved into a new a appartment and my fiace and i both have evos and we get week signals. funny thing is that its strong to get texts calls and very weak 3g. the phone rings but when i answer the person on the other side does not hear. my question to you guys is, is there any kind of a repeater or signal booster i could install that could strengthen my signal? i thought of the airave but dont really wanna pay extra for unless theres a way to "unlock" it and do it for free.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff
Re: Little to no signal inside appartment

There are signal repeaters available that you can buy, but they are quite expensive. But, there are no monthly fees to use them, so it might be a wash compared to the Airrave.
Check out something like this:
Buy.com - Wilson Electronics 801247 Desktop (DT) Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home or Office - For Multiple Users

Heres a google search that might help as well:
cdma signal repeater - Google Search

Hope that helps!

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 11-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Talk to Sprint and see if they will comp you one.

BrennB
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

RidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRidleyJ329 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

im at work so google search is pretty limited. lol. but ill check out the driect link you have posted for me. thank!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Talk to Sprint and see if they will comp you one.
comp me an airave? how would that work? i only get bad signal inside the appartment. i wouldnt think that would be enought to try to comp one
Old 11-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Never hurts to ask, you can't use your phone in your residence how is that not enough?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

true but i figure might might tell me in not so many words thats its my fault and should chose somewhere else to live. lol
Old 11-14-2010, 12:57 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

call from somewhere besides home and tell them your afraid to call them from home because the call might drop. be very dramatic about it. they are more than willing to give them away and waive the 5 dollar service fee.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
call from somewhere besides home and tell them your afraid to call them from home because the call might drop. be very dramatic about it. they are more than willing to give them away and waive the 5 dollar service fee.
lol, thanks. ill be sure to try that tonight when i get off work and see ewhat happens
Old 11-14-2010, 01:11 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

yea. try it it took me less than 15 minutes. they wanted to do a bunch of signal tests first an i just told them i wasnt at home to do them. they gave it to me with zero issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion