PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Evo on free and clear! Finally :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=125105)

kixcastillo 06-14-2010 10:53 AM

Evo on free and clear! Finally :)

So I know many people have a Free and Clear plan for 3rd party dealers. I got sprint to connect my Evo today and I'm loving it!! I woke up today finding my touch pro 2 had been disconnected, out of curiousity I checked my Evo and I had messages. All you have to do is fill out a form you can find in your portal, it's called Demo Modification Form and email it. After that in about a day or two they'll activate it for you and your on to sweetness! Just thought I'd share.

2kmy477 06-14-2010 11:26 AM

Re: Evo on free and clear! Finally :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixcastillo (Post 1813908)
So I know many people have a Free and Clear plan for 3rd party dealers. I got sprint to connect my Evo today and I'm loving it!! I woke up today finding my touch pro 2 had been disconnected, out of curiousity I checked my Evo and I had messages. All you have to do is fill out a form you can find in your portal, it's called Demo Modification Form and email it. After that in about a day or two they'll activate it for you and your on to sweetness! Just thought I'd share.

I would like to know where to get that form from?

dankope 06-14-2010 12:01 PM

Same here. Can you post a link to the form?

Damionix 06-14-2010 12:05 PM

Same here too. Please post link to form. Much Appreciated

Thanks

blockburner28 06-14-2010 12:44 PM

Is free and clear the same as sero?

r.mauldin 06-14-2010 12:46 PM

with no link I call b.s.

Meanee 06-14-2010 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blockburner28 (Post 1814099)
Is free and clear the same as sero?

Yes and no.

This particular thread is talking about Free and Clear "Demo" line. This is the line that Sprint activates for the purpose of showing off the phone and it's features. This is only for non-corporate dealers, from what I can understand.

Most carriers offer their dealers demo lines. I've had a T-Mobile demo line for quite a bit.

Iceman1199 06-14-2010 01:18 PM

Still no link...

We don't believe you....you need more people....

kixcastillo 06-14-2010 02:21 PM

Sorry let me get it from work and I'll post it here it's a spreadsheet doc.

Edit

How can I upload a document on here, not too familiar with the webpage.
Or if anyone is willing I can email you the form and you all can upload or host. Thanks

aznmode 06-14-2010 02:42 PM

I believe this only works if you're a 3rd party dealer or work for a 3rd party dealer.

mrhankey184 06-14-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1814332)
I believe this only works if you're a 3rd party dealer or work for a 3rd party dealer.

what does that mean? I used to work at Radio Shack way back when and I am still on the $20 F&C 3000 minute plan. Are you saying since its a 3rd party dealer plan I can activate and get the phone for $199 after rebate?

Meanee 06-14-2010 03:42 PM

Doubt you will be getting any breaks on the phone price. Remember, Demo lines are not revenue generating lines for Sprint. Why would they give you even a cent discount on the hardware?

aznmode 06-14-2010 04:18 PM

That's probably correct on pricing if you're already a reseller. If you're no longer a reseller I don't know if you can activate it on Free n Clear.

NitrousGT 06-14-2010 07:35 PM

and where is this infamous form? lol

aznmode 06-14-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitrousGT (Post 1814970)
and where is this infamous form? lol

You could probably google it.

kixcastillo 06-14-2010 08:27 PM

it's in your portal just search for it or give me your email and i can mail it to you

kixcastillo 06-14-2010 08:49 PM

So I tried to upload the form but ppc won't allow xls files to upload. it's an excel and I couldn't save as a pdf here at work, if you guys want it and can save to pdf shoot me a pm with your email and i'll send it to you. sorry! ](*,)

Meanee 06-14-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixcastillo (Post 1815152)
So I tried to upload the form but ppc won't allow xls files to upload. it's an excel and I couldn't save as a pdf here at work, if you guys want it and can save to pdf shoot me a pm with your email and i'll send it to you. sorry! ](*,)

sigh.. just zip it up. Or name it file_xls.bmp or something, we can rename it.

OMJ 06-14-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixcastillo (Post 1815152)

zip it up 1st

nunyabiziz 06-14-2010 10:44 PM

Be careful when doing this, because the form the OP is referring is a store demo line and not a f&c 3pty line. A lot of Radio Shacks have working demos that stays in the store. This is just a headsup from me to help out.

kixcastillo 06-14-2010 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here you go, sorry stupid work computers won't let me do anything! I'm not a Noob as my reputation suggests ha and yes this is for people with the free and clear 3000 that they receive when they work with a third party retailer. You do have to pay for the 10 premium though but at least it keeps the f&c. Let me know how it goes for you all.

kixcastillo 06-15-2010 09:49 AM

anyone tried it yet?

reekotubbs 06-15-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixcastillo (Post 1816131)
anyone tried it yet?

What are you supposed to do with this form and who can use it.

NitrousGT 06-16-2010 08:08 PM

What if you no longer work for the 3rd party employer, can you still use the form? I have the Retailer Emp Plan 750. Will this form work with it?

kixcastillo 06-17-2010 12:04 AM

Honestly I'm not sure, I heard someone did it here where I live and they no longer work for the store. They just still had all the dealer codes.

sublimeandetc 06-17-2010 12:15 AM

Can I just email this to the address on the form? I don't have to push it through my IAE?

Meanee 06-17-2010 12:17 AM

Unit / Model type lists only iDEN phones. The requirements for SIM as well as MSN also leads me to believe this is only for Nextel. My coworker had a Nextel demo line back in a day. Master Dealers usually fill these forms out on behalf of dealers they represent. Since almost no 3rd party resell Sprint, I doubt that you will be able to get demo line successfully on Sprint, and not on Nextel.

kixcastillo 06-17-2010 11:40 AM

No, you don't have to go through your IAE. Mine told me i couldn't have it on my account until 6 months had passed, yesterday he swung by my store and I gave him a big SUCK ON THIS!!! haha, and no don't worry about that model crap, I didn't fill it out you can put it on the comments in the side. don't worry about it too much, they're actual people that do this not a computer so if you put all the info on the comments you'll be good, trust me!

fearbasel04 06-18-2010 10:01 PM

i just called 8662641282 and they did it for me asap. nothing about adding the 10 buck thing. the phone is working but i still see the pre on the website. lets hope he id not change my plan

fearbasel04 06-18-2010 10:04 PM

he changed the plan to Indirect Employee Demo Plan

NitrousGT 06-19-2010 01:51 AM

what questions did they ask you besides the esn number on phone. Did they ask where you work or anything like that? Because i have an old RETAILER EMP PLAN 750 from 13 years ago for only $15 monthly. Since i dont want for the company anymore, was wondering if they would ask employment questions since the new plan says Indirect Employer Demo

fearbasel04 06-19-2010 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitrousGT (Post 1824200)
what questions did they ask you besides the esn number on phone. Did they ask where you work or anything like that? Because i have an old RETAILER EMP PLAN 750 from 13 years ago for only $15 monthly. Since i dont want for the company anymore, was wondering if they would ask employment questions since the new plan says Indirect Employer Demo

it was like a hit and miss he just asked for the esn said wait came back and said power it on. i was so waitin for him to tell i needed change the plan but nope. thats all no other questions

kixcastillo 06-19-2010 12:04 PM

So another one of our employees filled out the form and got an Evo activated...so far it's been 6 people that I know that have done it, just throwing it out there :)

jbearamus 06-19-2010 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aznmode (Post 1814332)

yeah, generally you have to have proof of employment but that's implied because most dealer lines have to be activated by the carrier's area rep for dealers

jbearamus 06-19-2010 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrhankey184 (Post 1814380)
what does that mean? I used to work at Radio Shack way back when and I am still on the $20 F&C 3000 minute plan. Are you saying since its a 3rd party dealer plan I can activate and get the phone for $199 after rebate?

dealer line doesn't get deactivated upon leaving employment unless the area rep requests the line to be moved to a standard consumer plan, so if your former sprint rep isn't on the ball, you're plan wouldn't change

jbearamus 06-19-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixcastillo (Post 1820006)
Honestly I'm not sure, I heard someone did it here where I live and they no longer work for the store. They just still had all the dealer codes.

probably why they change once a month now

kixcastillo 06-19-2010 01:23 PM

really? Ours hasn't changed since I've been here, our passwords change but not the dealer code.

jbearamus 06-19-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kixcastillo (Post 1824710)
really? Ours hasn't changed since I've been here, our passwords change but not the dealer code.

oh, i read that backwards, passwords change once a month, codes change every 6 but yeah regularly

Iceman1199 06-19-2010 06:39 PM

Anybody have luck getting the phone as an upgrade??

I guess I'm just being cheap.....

NitrousGT 06-19-2010 09:10 PM

Ok, So i called to get my EVO activated under my Retailer Emp 750 Plan and the rep on the phone tells me that he is trying to change some codes for it to activate but its not allowing him. after trying different things, he says that its not allowing him and that i will have to change my plan to an everything plan. he says he sees that it says 3rd party Retailer Emp Plan but its not letting him add the EVO. So i guess I will have to change my plan, unless some special sprint codes are released for me to use my plan with the EVO