PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: 4G?
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ace27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All 4G Discussion Regarding Cities and Availability go here

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
these threads getting merged was trash in my opinion as well, i must unsubscribe.
as will i.... pointless...
Old 06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G (June 4), HTC Hero, Touch Pro 2, Nexus One

kenny21 is becoming a great contributor
4G Coming to Nor Cal

I just got off the phone with Sprint regarding the launch of 4G in NorCal and they said it will be coming in this order: Merced,Fresno,Stockton, San Francisco,San Jose, then will be heading to SoCal by the beginning in August. Exciting news just wish they would hurry up and get it here sooner so we can really see what our phones can do with 4G.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:23 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 4G Coming to Nor Cal

Merced, Fresno, Stockton before San Francisco and San Jose? Blasphemy...wonder if the 4G signal will be strong enough to reach you out in the east bay?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Sweet I should be able to pick that up here in Wisconsin....
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roghaj View Post
These threads were useful until they got merged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace27 View Post
i agree....
Quote:
these threads getting merged was trash in my opinion as well, i must unsubscribe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace27 View Post
as will i.... pointless...
How so? Which part makes it less useful? Would it be better if I put a second sticky to discuss issues and leave this one to discuss service area reports? Not sure what you're wanting but trying to keep things organized AND useful, I'd appreciate your suggestions. At this time the powers that be have determined 4g is a carrier topic not device so that won't be part of the solution. Othervthan that let's work it out. How can I help?

BrennB
Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G (June 4), HTC Hero, Touch Pro 2, Nexus One

kenny21 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
Merced, Fresno, Stockton before San Francisco and San Jose? Blasphemy...wonder if the 4G signal will be strong enough to reach you out in the east bay?
They told me that most likely I'll be able to pick up the San Francisco signal, but probablyl not Stockton or San Jose. They also said that San Francisco will hopefully reach me in Martinez but there's no guarantee because they don't know where they're putting the tower yet. I have my fingers crossed
Old 06-10-2010, 10:16 PM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I couldn't agree more! The android section is horrible with how it's being organized, threads getting moved and merged...can't find anything anymore! Got some anal Mods running things around here, they should take a page out of the TP2 section, no complaints going on there!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro1/2/Evo

M.O.B. is a n00b

Is a regional section a bad idea? I think that is definitely where this discussion should go.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific View Post
I couldn't agree more! The android section is horrible with how it's being organized, threads getting moved and merged...can't find anything anymore! Got some anal Mods running things around here, they should take a page out of the TP2 section, no complaints going on there!
I agree it can be frustrating with so many new posts and then so many merged posts. Until the hoopla dies down a bit things are going to be hairy... things will even out and less modding will need to be done as topics and discussions start to blend together naturally rather than forcefully. I think the Evo/Android forums are going to burst at the seams as it is thanks to everyone's input. :::AWESOME:::

As for now, lets try to help each other by steering posts in the right direction: IE 4g issues and 4g area reports, right here in Carrier section until further notice. Comparing one or more phones against each other needs to be in the Phone Comparison... all other EVo and/or Android talk should fit nicely in the Android sections!

Thanks for your patience!!
Old 06-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Michigan and Sprint need to step up their 4G game

I <3 Android

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
4g, bronx, california, evo, htc evo 4g, long beach, los angeles, miami, new york, sprint, wimax