PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint releasing contracts over $4.99 a month??

So I got a letter from Sprint the other day stating they want to charge me $4.99 per month because my account is under an "Account Spending Limit".

I called Sprint today because I find this fee to be bullcrap, and I was told they are willing to cancel my account without paying any early termination fee. I've been with Sprint for 9 years to the month. I've never had a bill under $120 USD and yea, sometimes I paid a few days late, but they always got paid. And now over $4.99 a month, Verizon or AT&T is getting a new customer.

Is there a future for this company?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

AngeloUCF is a n00b
Re: Sprint releasing contracts over $4.99 a month??

That's crazy, I wonder if us SERO members will be getting the same. My bill comes out to $72.67 a month for 2 lines.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow is all I have to say
Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol so 4.99 more compared to 49.99 more for either of the other carriers.

whats a asl?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work

yup unless you do a automatic withdraw they will waive
Old 01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

asl is the spending limit program for those with poor credit. you have to put a deposit down on your contract and you cant exeed that limit. i had one about 4 years ago in the first year of my contract. your out of the program in one year and you get your deposit back in the form of a service credit.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Sprint is kind of screwy with this new charge. I would ask to have your spending limit removed. I havent had one for years and pay late all the time.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

and most people should just sign up for automatic payments. the only reason this would be a problem is if you dont have a bank account.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:32 AM

my roomm,ate got the same letter, but they worded it so he couldnt get out of his contract. they said it was a term of the asl, that they could increase or add fees as they please without any recourse in the first year.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

william_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on repwilliam_fold is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Moral of the story: Pay your bills ontime!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion