PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint releasing contracts over $4.99 a month??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I don't know why you just don't schedule your payments through whomever your bank is? I do this whenever I get an electronic notification from Sprint that my bill is due. I go to my ING direct account and schedule my bill to pay a few days before it's due and then it's out of my head after that. Seems like simple bill payment practices and then you'd never be late.
Some people like myself need to make sure they have enough money in their account when the automatic payment is placed to avoid a $40 overdraft fee and is why I dont do that either. That obviously makes sense if you know you will always have enough to cover the bill, but if not its not worth the overdraft fee!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I never had to put money down or into my account. 9 years ago when I created the account I was only 18 with no credit history.

Now... I am rolling with a 800ish FICO score. I have a mortgage for $300,000 with no cosigner, I walked into the car dealership and walked out with a new car for the sign and drive. I make $90,000 a year. I am fairly sure my credit isn't the issue. And paying the 5 bucks isn't an issue outside of the principle.

As I already admitted, yea I forget to pay my bill sometimes and they are a day or two late, in which they already give me a late charge, which I understand.

What I won't do is pay the late charge early which is what this appears to be. Nor will I give open access for Sprint to bill my account, specially when it's not a fixed amount. We all know horror stories of cell phone companies charging $1,000 bucks or more.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

well there ya go. leave sprint. go to verizon. or better yet, go prepay. after all you can afford it. big baller. one question? do people who make 90,000 dollars ayear even pay their own bills? i figured you had an accountant or an assistant or something.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
well there ya go. leave sprint. go to verizon. or better yet, go prepay. after all you can afford it. big baller. one question? do people who make 90,000 dollars ayear even pay their own bills? i figured you had an accountant or an assistant or something.
Had to LOL at this. My accountant is my wife, who doesn't do a great job lol.

And so you know, just because I make a decent amount of money, doesn't mean I'm willing to get ****ed by a cell phone company.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
I never had to put money down or into my account. 9 years ago when I created the account I was only 18 with no credit history.

Now... I am rolling with a 800ish FICO score. I have a mortgage for $300,000 with no cosigner, I walked into the car dealership and walked out with a new car for the sign and drive. I make $90,000 a year. I am fairly sure my credit isn't the issue. And paying the 5 bucks isn't an issue outside of the principle.

As I already admitted, yea I forget to pay my bill sometimes and they are a day or two late, in which they already give me a late charge, which I understand.

What I won't do is pay the late charge early which is what this appears to be. Nor will I give open access for Sprint to bill my account, specially when it's not a fixed amount. We all know horror stories of cell phone companies charging $1,000 bucks or more.
What this sounds like is, you make good money so you feel since you pay the late fee this should not apply to you. Well either get the ASL off your account or go to Verizon or AT&T and pay more for the principle of all of this.

I have been with Sprint for 10 years and don't have a ASL and haven't had one since my first year with them. I make the same money you do, I have a nice house, 2 cars, I don't have your credit score but I do pay my bill on time so that may be the reason.

Ice
Old 01-08-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

I don't make 90g a year, but I have my bank auto-pay my Sprint bill ($57) each month for me. Why not take advantage of the technology and save yourself the trouble of forgetting and paying late.

Oh, also, as a customer that pays his bill on time always, I get the pimp deals when I call and ask for them.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

iceninja is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to iceninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveholtam View Post
I don't make 90g a year, but I have my bank auto-pay my Sprint bill ($57) each month for me. Why not take advantage of the technology and save yourself the trouble of forgetting and paying late.

Oh, also, as a customer that pays his bill on time always, I get the pimp deals when I call and ask for them.
I also get the nice deals when I call without having to call retention.

Ice
Old 01-08-2010, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

mishajmo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post
As far as paying bills on time, hate to admit it, but Sprint stopped sending me bills to save paper and yea I don't have "Pay sprint bill" on top off my head daily. So yea it gets paid late here and there. But never more than a day or two.
You should get one of those fancy TP2s--they have task/appt notifications so you don't forget things like financial obligations.

And never ever pay anything by automatic withdrawal. Too many instances of companies continuing to withdraw after service is canceled/contracts end/etc. etc.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro duece
Carrier: sprint pcs

dav1boy is just getting started

also as a fyi, the ASL isnt the only fee that is going up. the regulatory cost recovery fee is going from 20 cents to 40 cents. this is also a breech in your terms and condition. so for those that arent on a ASL with sprint. this also gives you the right to terminate your service without penalty. yes the amount is meer chump change but it none the less breaks the agreement you originally signed up for. now the trick is that you have to contact sprint within 30 days of this change. failure to do so will make it a wash and it becomes irrelevant.

but for those who like sprint and wanna stick around, this is your silver lining if your not eligible to upgrade because you can also negotiate for an immediate upgrade. and your account will either be back dated via contract date or noted as such going forward. so if there is a phone you want now at the 2yr price or like myself that want that option to upgrade sometime this year when a new device comes out you have the capability now..... i just got my tp2 and my upgrade wont be for awhile but this changes all that because you can imagine how many subscribers can or will threaten to jump ship.....you better believe sprint will do everything possible to not make that happen. they lose enough subscribers as it is. this just opens the flood gates.

Last edited by dav1boy; 01-08-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

I agree that giving a someone else the automatic ability to take a differing ammount of money each month from your checking account is not ideal.
You should check out 'mycheckfree', it's free and you can input your sprint info, it will e-mail you when your bill comes in (staing the ammount for reference) and you can tell it to pay your bill on the last day before it becomes over due from your checking account.
Quick few clicks each month after the e-mail and I'm in control of the payment ammount/date.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion