PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Re: Sprint releasing contracts over $4.99 a month??

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_fold View Post
moral of the story: Pay your bills ontime!
rotflmao
Old 01-08-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

cohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcohowap is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint releasing contracts over $4.99 a month??

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
and most people should just sign up for automatic payments. the only reason this would be a problem is if you dont have a bank account.
Or your bank account does't have enough money and you get overdraft fees.

Fact is, every penny Sprint is owed, I've always paid. As far as paying bills on time, hate to admit it, but Sprint stopped sending me bills to save paper and yea I don't have "Pay sprint bill" on top off my head daily. So yea it gets paid late here and there. But never more than a day or two.

The fact is, being told "The only thing you can do is cancel the account and we will wave the fee" over 4.99 for a 9 year customer who's paid over 120-130 a month was a low blow. Can I afford automatic payments? Yes. But this is just unethical.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post

Fact is, every penny Sprint is owed, I've always paid. As far as paying bills on time, hate to admit it, but Sprint stopped sending me bills to save paper and yea I don't have "Pay sprint bill" on top off my head daily. So yea it gets paid late here and there. But never more than a day or two.

The fact is, being told "The only thing you can do is cancel the account and we will wave the fee" over 4.99 for a 9 year customer who's paid over 120-130 a month was a low blow. Can I afford automatic payments? Yes. But this is just unethical.
how can you be a 9 year customer and still be on the asl?????
in that case just ask too have it removed? did you put a deposit down, if so did you get it back 8 yrs ago? you shouldnt have a spending limit if your even out of your first contract.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
how can you be a 9 year customer and still be on the asl?????
in that case just ask too have it removed? did you put a deposit down, if so did you get it back 8 yrs ago? you shouldnt have a spending limit if your even out of your first contract.
I too have been with Sprint for about 9 years and I too have an account spending limit... $9,999,999.00 is what my limit is, I've seen it when I went to Radio Shack and the Sprint sales rep was there and said that was the first time he's seen that... so I'd always get the $4.99 charge!!!

Are you sure this charge isn't because you're receiving paper billing?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
I too have been with Sprint for about 9 years and I too have an account spending limit... $9,999,999.00 is what my limit is, I've seen it when I went to Radio Shack and the Sprint sales rep was there and said that was the first time he's seen that... so I'd always get the $4.99 charge!!!

Are you sure this charge isn't because you're receiving paper billing?

on my first contract i put down a 450 dollar total deposit for 3 lines. my spending limit was 1500 for some reason. i got that 450 back in a year though. i didnt have to pay a sprint bill for almost 4 months after i got my deposit back. id just ask for it to be removed. idk though. i think sprint has a secret crush on me. they pretty much give me whatever i want. i never have been late, but thats all on my girlfriend, her only responsibility is to keep my phone bill current.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i'm guessing no one read the buzz about wireless forum nor the announcement by sprint about this about a month ago:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/140691

This ONLY impacts customers who had poor credit. I think this has to do with those they deem high risk of not paying their account on time so they're trying to force ONLY those customers to do auto bill pay. While this may be a bit predatory, it's a business practice to make sure Sprint gets paid. If you had to have a deposit when you opened your account or if you missed enough payments to warrant this type of action, then it's those users only they're targeting.

FWIW, I've never even heard of anyone at any cellphone company asking for a deposit when I got a phone, that's probably because I have a very high credit score and good credit rating.

Last edited by sanjsrik; 01-08-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 PM

as far as paper billing, that shouldnt have anything to do with it. they owe you a paper bill. if you opt out of paper, you get a one time 5 dollar service credit.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohowap View Post

I don't know why you just don't schedule your payments through whomever your bank is? I do this whenever I get an electronic notification from Sprint that my bill is due. I go to my ING direct account and schedule my bill to pay a few days before it's due and then it's out of my head after that. Seems like simple bill payment practices and then you'd never be late.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
I don't know why you just don't schedule your payments through whomever your bank is? I do this whenever I get an electronic notification from Sprint that my bill is due. I go to my ING direct account and schedule my bill to pay a few days before it's due and then it's out of my head after that. Seems like simple bill payment practices and then you'd never be late.
true that.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch pro 2

jathomas0910 is a n00b

Thats crazy as hell

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion