PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   FCC complaints against sprint (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=105177)

payitup 01-07-2010 06:05 PM

FCC complaints against sprint

I initiated a FCC complaint against Sprint when they sold me a Samsung Moment and then while activating, they tried to force me to a higher price plan. I refused and returned the phone and ended up getting a HTC Touch Pro2. I filed the complaint back in November and Sprint is just now contacting me. The lady from Sprint FCC relations department told me the same thing as when I tried to activate the phone. I refused to withdraw my complaint and they escalated it to tier 2. Has anyone tried this approach before? Has anyone had any luck in resolving complaints in this manner? Any information would be appreciated.

elephant007 01-07-2010 06:08 PM

Re: FCC complaints against sprint

Quote:

Originally Posted by payitup (Post 1468830)
I initiated a FCC complaint against Sprint when they sold me a Samsung Moment and then while activating, they tried to force me to a higher price plan. I refused and returned the phone and ended up getting a HTC Touch Pro2. I filed the complaint back in November and Sprint is just now contacting me. The lady from Sprint FCC relations department told me the same thing as when I tried to activate the phone. I refused to withdraw my complaint and they escalated it to tier 2. Has anyone tried this approach before? Has anyone had any luck in resolving complaints in this manner? Any information would be appreciated.

Inform us of how to file an FCC complaint, links, instructions etc...

basilray 01-07-2010 06:25 PM

This should probably be in the carrier discussion forum...

hibby50 01-07-2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1468903)
This should probably be in the carrier discussion forum...

Right you are

MrObvious 01-07-2010 07:15 PM

Me is curious too.

shaggylive 01-07-2010 07:20 PM

interesting.. good idea, best way to challenge a policy is with the 'courts'..

payitup 01-07-2010 08:10 PM

To file a FCC complaint go to:

esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Its a very simple online form. It asks a few questions and takes your information. The FCC will mail you a paper copy of your complaint in about two weeks. They will also forward your complaint to the company that you're complaining about. The company has to contact you to try to work out an resolution. If a satisfactory resolution is not reached, the FCC will come in and investigate.

I don't know anything else. This is the first time I have tried this, that is why I am asking for advice.

BlackDynamite 01-07-2010 09:25 PM

See the link in my signature if you want real results...

It has a link to email your congress reps, senators, and the FCC all at the same time.