PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kernel610 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Renewing my SERO contract

I have been a sprint customer for about 7 years now and 2 of those years on SERO. I currently have a Touch Pro and I'm looking to move to an Android phone in the future. From what I've seen on the forum, it looks like some people are able to stay on their $30 SERO plan with cheaper more basic phones, but not with smartphones. Also it seems like its certain smartphones. For example, I was offered an upgrade to a TP2 and still keep my SERO plan, but I couldn't get a Samsung Moment and keep the SERO plan. What is it that determines what phones are SERO eligible and which ones are not. Are there any tips you guys recommend to get a Moment or similar phone on a SERO plan or any incentive I can get out of them for switching from my SERO plan? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Renewing my SERO contract

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel610 View Post
I have been a sprint customer for about 7 years now and 2 of those years on SERO. I currently have a Touch Pro and I'm looking to move to an Android phone in the future. From what I've seen on the forum, it looks like some people are able to stay on their $30 SERO plan with cheaper more basic phones, but not with smartphones. Also it seems like its certain smartphones. For example, I was offered an upgrade to a TP2 and still keep my SERO plan, but I couldn't get a Samsung Moment and keep the SERO plan. What is it that determines what phones are SERO eligible and which ones are not. Are there any tips you guys recommend to get a Moment or similar phone on a SERO plan or any incentive I can get out of them for switching from my SERO plan? Thanks!

Sorry there is noway you will get the moment nor the hero nor the pre and instinct on that plan.You can only get the touch pro 2 if you pay for it 349$ or more not going to happen for less.

More and more are getting off sero and onto real plans.If you read the fourms a little you will see this as it is beat to death over and over in most threads.

If you want a android type phone change plans.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kernel610 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcrds View Post
Sorry there is noway you will get the moment nor the hero nor the pre and instinct on that plan.You can only get the touch pro 2 if you pay for it 349$ or more not going to happen for less.

More and more are getting off sero and onto real plans.If you read the fourms a little you will see this as it is beat to death over and over in most threads.

If you want a android type phone change plans.
Thanks for the reply. I understand I won't be able to get an Android phone, but why can I still get a Touch Pro 2? Are there certain criteria that allow the phone to be SERO eligible?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

WM = SERO. I don't get it either.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kimogent is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
WM = SERO. I don't get it either.

said perfectly...thats why i want another wm phone to come out so we can all see if that holds true.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm in the same boat. While I don't have SERO, I have a killer deal with data AND phone as modem on both my lines for $2.50..haha..so it's WinMo forever!

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1280; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

i had a instinct s30 on my sero and i can clear up a few things like mayb why sometimes those fones are allowed on sero. okay... this is how sprint told me. it is not about which fone, the OS is what matters. instinctOS, webOS, and android all require gps for voice services but sero plans only include free gps if the employee on the account is still employed. ive had sero with free gps since may, got my instinct on sero round july. my plan was only 20 since the person over my sero still worked there. so u can get a hero or pre but be ready to change ur plan or fone if they change jobs. recently the person over my sero stopped working there and we did a TOL into my name. so i recieved a call from sprint like the next day stating id have to either change plans or fones since the instinct s30 requires gps and that my bill would now be 30 instead of 20. i chose to change fones of course. feel free to correct me if im wrong but thats how i remember sprint telling me and the guy seemed like he knew is stuff
Old 01-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't know about that. The data plans on both my lines include GPS, yet I can't activate Instinct, Pre, Blackberry, or any Android devices.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:35 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/1280; U; en) Presto/2.2.0)

well thats how they explained to me. i had an instinct s30 on my sero for like 6 months and the former employee i got it thru had one too...
Old 01-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post

i had a instinct s30 on my sero and i can clear up a few things like mayb why sometimes those fones are allowed on sero. okay... this is how sprint told me. it is not about which fone, the OS is what matters. instinctOS, webOS, and android all require gps for voice services but sero plans only include free gps if the employee on the account is still employed. ive had sero with free gps since may, got my instinct on sero round july. my plan was only 20 since the person over my sero still worked there. so u can get a hero or pre but be ready to change ur plan or fone if they change jobs. recently the person over my sero stopped working there and we did a TOL into my name. so i recieved a call from sprint like the next day stating id have to either change plans or fones since the instinct s30 requires gps and that my bill would now be 30 instead of 20. i chose to change fones of course. feel free to correct me if im wrong but thats how i remember sprint telling me and the guy seemed like he knew is stuff
Sounds like you were a price advantage / price club member, then switched to a SERO plan.

For the Price Advantage / Price Club, you do get ACTUAL employee rates on phones (fone?) and plans. However, the plan is not in your name because they have to be additional lines on the employee accounts. This type of plan was intended for use by family members.

When the employee leaves Sprint, those that are on this type of plan will have to switch to their own plan, most are moved to SERO. If you had your instinct while on the Price Advantage / Price Club, then you are allowed to. You will not be able to get another no-no phone on the SERO plan.

What the Sprint reps told you is actually kind of funny. Voice services are dependent on their web based Nav program....? Does that even pass the common sense test? Tying the compatibility of these phones to their Nav program is laughable. What they probably meant to say was these are old Legacy plans that aren't compatible with some of the new phones in their line up..... aka they want their best phones on their most costlier plans.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
samsung moment, sero, touch pro, tp