PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50
Re: Blackberry Tour 9630 {RIM Official OS 5.0}*Info*

im so confused lol

Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Sprint has an official 5.0 OS for the Tour, currently its not being pushed via wireless update nor can you download it via blackberry.com. However If you hook up Desktop Manager you're offered the changeover.. If you're wanting more control bbhybrids has the files to download for manual install. Be sure to add the cod fix for the 'registration' email that plagues the 5.0 OS apparently including official. I'm 99% gonna swap out but I'm really in love with 12many's hybrid soo..... we'll see.

BrennB
Old 02-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

So what benefit is there to running OS 5 vs OS 4.7?

I haven't gotten into the hybrids and unofficial stuff yet. But even going to the official 5.0, what does it get me?
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well, there is a overhaul basically. System is faster, browser faster, boot faster. Then there is threaded text more like Blackberry messenger style. Transition effects in themes. Supposed better battery life but that seems to be user affected. More stable, IE: less lag, less/no spontaneous boots. etc.
I went to a leaked 5, didn't like how it affected my phone. Went back to Sprint official 4.7 then went to Verizon 4.7 and then tried another leak 5... finally swapped to hybrid 5 and I'm very content and trying to avoid the temptation to go official. I always said I'd never do hybrid and would stay official, and infact never swapped ROMs on my WinMo phones... but dang I'm super happy I did and I'm trying to convince my guy to swap his out too.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

So I plug into Desktop Manager, and it says there are no updates! Any advice?

It says I am on BES, but I am not. Is it because I have my Outlook Webmail setup via BIS?

Last edited by basilray; 02-12-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™
Threadstarter

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Well, there is a overhaul basically. System is faster, browser faster, boot faster. Then there is threaded text more like Blackberry messenger style. Transition effects in themes. Supposed better battery life but that seems to be user affected. More stable, IE: less lag, less/no spontaneous boots. etc.
I went to a leaked 5, didn't like how it affected my phone. Went back to Sprint official 4.7 then went to Verizon 4.7 and then tried another leak 5... finally swapped to hybrid 5 and I'm very content and trying to avoid the temptation to go official. I always said I'd never do hybrid and would stay official, and infact never swapped ROMs on my WinMo phones... but dang I'm super happy I did and I'm trying to convince my guy to swap his out too.

That you did...RoFl

Im so happy to see your enjoying 12 Many's Hybrid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
So I plug into Desktop Manager, and it says there are no updates! Any advice?

It says I am on BES, but I am not. Is it because I have my Outlook Webmail setup via BIS?

Could be... But then again I had my work Outlook mail set up on my berry and never got that message...
Old 02-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
That you did...RoFl

Im so happy to see your enjoying 12 Many's Hybrid...

Could be... But then again I had my work Outlook mail set up on my berry and never got that message...
Yeah...I don't know what to make of it. I plug into DM and get nothing for updates.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

OK...so I pretty much got it all figured out.

1. Used BBSAK to backup apps
2. Used DM to backup everything else
3. Used BBSAK to wipe the device
4. Downloaded the 4.7 RIM OS
5. Downloaded the 5.0 Sprint \CDMA\ and \Java\ folders
6. Copied the 5.0 folders over the 4.7 folders
7. Used BBSAK to Load OS

Seems like a WAY bigger pain in the balls than flashing in WinMo!
Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™
Threadstarter

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
OK...so I pretty much got it all figured out.

1. Used BBSAK to backup apps
2. Used DM to backup everything else
3. Used BBSAK to wipe the device
4. Downloaded the 4.7 RIM OS
5. Downloaded the 5.0 Sprint \CDMA\ and \Java\ folders
6. Copied the 5.0 folders over the 4.7 folders
7. Used BBSAK to Load OS

Seems like a WAY bigger pain in the balls than flashing in WinMo!
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. If you want to
4. Incorrect (one OS on your computer at a time) Very important...!!!
5. Correct (download the official 5.0 {the whole package} from Sprint)
6. Incorrect (please dont do that)
7. Then navigate to Hard drive C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App loader\ Click on Loader

This should work for you....
Old 02-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by info[]box1 View Post
1. Correct
2. Correct
3. If you want to
4. Incorrect (one OS on your computer at a time) Very important...!!!
5. Correct (download the official 5.0 {the whole package} from Sprint)
6. Incorrect (please dont do that)
7. Then navigate to Hard drive C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\App loader\ Click on Loader

This should work for you....

Yeah.
As you might expect, I ran into some serious problems. Some of the stuff from the 4.7 OS wasn't overwritten and I got a bad flash. Had to install a hybrid, and then was able to upgrade through DM to the Sprint 5.0 official OS.

It's all good now, and I probably learned some valuable lessons!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry