PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: at&t

drdebell is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Blackberry World...unlocking...

Hi. I have a Sprint Blackberry World phone (8830). I no longer have Sprint service, but would like to be able to donate the phone to my study abroad program for use the phone on Virgin Mobile. That would, I think, allow me to insert my French sim card for use abroad, while continuing to use the CDMA service here in the States. I'm sure that there are numerous threads about unlocking CDMA phones, but I didn't see much about the BBerry... Any way to make my plan work, or am I better off carrying two phones??? Thanks for any help you can give!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Re: Sprint Blackberry World...unlocking...

All you need to do is unlock it period.. Then you would be able to cdma/gsm providers in the states or internationally.. Most times unlocking Bberry will cost you a few dollars. Whether you have someone do it or use a website to produce an unlock code and instructions..

try_www.forums.crackberry.com_for more support on unlocking...
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none
Carrier: at&t
Threadstarter

drdebell is a n00b

Thanks. I know that the sim card / GSM is already unlocked, as I've used the phone in France before. However, I thought that unlocking CDMA was more complicated than just a code... I've looked at the crackberry site, and that seems to be the consensus there. Am I missing something? Thanks again!
Old 11-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It is possible to unlock the phone by getting the subsidy code.

But CDMA carriers will only activate phones that are from their inventory, so even if you have the subsidy code, it won't help much. However you can use the app loader.exe in desktop manager to load a different carriers OS by deleting the vender xml file from the RIM folder in your common files on your PC.

Also you would need to update the new PRL. And from a software stand point you not unlocking the phone your just flashing it to a new OS. This is very easy to do. And yes alot of the CDMA carriers will only activate their own handsets. But others will activate foriegn ESN's. You need the carrier PRL you want to flash to. But even with all of that...sorry you can use it overseas unless its GSM not CDMA.

IF I WAS HELPFUL HIT THE BUTTON!!
Old 11-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xp
Carrier: metro pcs

courage85 is a n00b

How did you unlock you Sprint Blackberry phone?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung IP-830 HTC 6800(mogul) HTC 6900 (Vouge) HTC Fuze
Carrier: ALLTEL/Verizon Vogue 6.5 and AT&T EnergyROM 3.0

rdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on reprdavidsmith is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can remove the vender xml file to use app loader to install a new OS to use a different CDMA carrier howver only voice would work no data...maybe the wap browser. you couldnt provision it for blackberry service though.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:20 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

rumors has that all sprint tour shipped unlocked (voice,texts) with an gsm sim card.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry