PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 05:59 PM
leone92

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Dead Blackberry Curve 8520

My curve has gone dead don't know how it happened. It wouldn't switch on but when the charger was plugged in the red LED came on and then after a while it would show an battery sign with a red X through. The battery is fine for sure. So, When i take the battery out and put it back in it should boot up right? Well it's not doing, it does nothing. When you connect it to the pc it recognises the phone. I've used the desktop manager and when connecting to the JVM thing it kept on coming up with retry. I've just tried the app loader and delted the vendor file but it comes up with retry too. Stuck on what to do some advice would be helpful cheers guys. It's on ORANGE btw.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipad
Carrier: 3

jemm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dead Blackberry Curve 8520

Did you tried to upgrade your os version? You mentioned above it is on contract with Orange and if you have tried to upgrade the os version then the phone is sure not going to work. According to their contract terms and condition if you try to upgrade built in version which is locked to orange then it means you are violating the accepted terms and conditions. This is why after upgrading the version your phone might not work.

The official os upgrade launched by BB is meant for those bb phones which are not locked to any specific network provider. If this is the case then you will need to contact orange.

But if this is not the case then probably your phone's battery compartment is damaged due to some reason. Just replace your battery with a new one and then try. Yes i know your concern but to check the phone if it's battery compartment has really got damaged then it is inevitable for you to buy a new battery.

And if you dont want to spend on new battery (for checking) then just visit a bb shop and ask them to check for you.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry