PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Please help with unlocking the Storm..... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143629)

cg83 05-13-2011 12:23 AM

Please help with unlocking the Storm.....

Long story short a few weeks ago my little brother passed and he had a Verizon BB Storm. He had a password on his lockscreen and I been trying to get into his device for any pics, videos and contacts but no luck. I think im on the 8th or 9th attempt and I know it formats at or after 10(so i was told), my question is, is there any software out there I can use to unlock the screen? Or is it pretty much gone? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also VZW said there was nothing they could do so thats not an option. Thanks

MrObvious 05-15-2011 05:55 PM

Re: Please help with unlocking the Storm.....

I think you're screwed. You may see if Verizon can hook it up to their Cellbrite machine and get the data off of there.

cg83 05-16-2011 12:40 AM

thanks for the response. I'll call'em them up again or go to their store and see what they say about that. If not I guess I'll just leave it

cg83 05-30-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 2101674)
I think you're screwed. You may see if Verizon can hook it up to their Cellbrite machine and get the data off of there.

Yeah so I tried asking the Verizon reps at the store about that machine, they told me they had no idea what it was. So I guess I will just let the phone be. Thanks anyway dude for the suggestion

Mojary 06-02-2011 05:51 PM

yeah there's no other way to get that password. if you try to enter wrong password 10 times, the device will wipe itself to factory settings. you'll be able to get into the phone again after that, but the info you want would be gone. do you know if your late brother backed up his phone on a pc?

cg83 06-20-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 2110317)
yeah there's no other way to get that password. if you try to enter wrong password 10 times, the device will wipe itself to factory settings. you'll be able to get into the phone again after that, but the info you want would be gone. do you know if your late brother backed up his phone on a pc?

thanks man for the post. nah i dont think he did, so i just put it away. its on the 10th try now, so i might as well forget about it. maybe i'll see if there is a guide to flash it to cricket and give it to my mom or something.

darren.wlsn1 06-20-2011 02:27 AM

op maybe join crackberry and ask there cause they got some sharp peeps on there. (not that we dont)

sorry for your loss.