PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   BBSAK causing problems with appsI've restored my apps and now there is a BBSAK file i (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141164)

markedwards 02-22-2011 05:00 PM

BBSAK causing problems with appsI've restored my apps and now there is a BBSAK file i

I've restored my apps and now there is a BBSAK file in my app folder. It seems to have most of the things I restored. When I go to add a new app (like Uber Social) I get error messages that "x" file is in BBSAK and changing it might make BBSAK not work correctly. Almost every time I've added software, i have problems now. Either it has to be installed a second time or programs like QuickPull just plain disappear.

Can I delete that BBSAK file in apps now that the apps are back on my phone? Any other ideas on how to fix the issues?

FAILASOV 04-13-2011 12:57 PM

Re: BBSAK causing problems with appsI've restored my apps and now there is a BBSAK fi

Thank you

BCMike 04-13-2011 11:30 PM

Re: BBSAK causing problems with appsI've restored my apps and now there is a BBSAK fi

Not sure why FAILASOV replied with "Thank you" since the issue raised by markedwards is not addressed. Im a new member that came here following the guidance from the BBSAK home page. I essentially have the same question, how does one reverse the BBSAK Backup event?

I used BBSAK to help restore a bricked Bold 9000 (a long story about testing BBs new app to link to BESX using a BIS plan). Along the way I ran BBSAK backup and during the rebuild and restore I've found that all the 3rd party apps are now controlled by this function. I've also apparently lost BB App World function and trying to delete it removes all 3rd party apps as if it deletes this BBSAK backup program. If I just try to push a new BB App World OTA installation I get a notice that this download "contains a different version of module net_rim_bb_appworld which is also used by BBSAK Backup. If you proceed BBSAK Backup may cease to work properly. Proceed? Yes No". What I'd like to do is undo the association of all the apps to BBSAK Backup. Is there a way to do this?

ektorbarajas 04-14-2011 08:16 PM

Hi. I've also the same issue as BCMike.

Also noticed that if you launch the Blackberry Desktop software, you are not able to see each individual app backed up by BBSAK, instead you just get one BIG app called BBSAK backup that occupies the sum of all the individual backed up apps, in my case about 32 MB !

So I tried to delete the BBSAK backup app from my BB device using the Blackberry Desktop Software, but after the reboot of the device BBSAK backup app is still there eating 5 MB !!! And I'm unable to delete it !

So this leave me no option but not reload the OS to get rid of the 5 MB junk

So for me the BBSAK 3rd party apps backup is not working =(

MrObvious 04-19-2011 03:26 PM

I just don't use BBSAK to back up my apps. Generally when you use Apploader it keeps the apps for you (double check though to be sure).

Matrix Leader 04-28-2011 06:52 AM

BBSAK is horrible when updating apps.

If you decide to delete one of those apps in the future, you will not find it in the application management. All you will see is a single app named BBSAK, and if you remove that, the whole set of apps you restored gets deleted.

I thus do it the old fashioned way, when I wipe my device, I go to the MobiHand sites and other relevant sites and download each app individually. It is time consuming but at least I know I have the latest versions of the apps and they can be deleted individually when I want to.

I regret donating $5 USD to BBSAK, it is a useless app IMO right now with many better apps out there like BB Hybrid Tools or BB Boss

Matrix Leader 04-28-2011 06:53 AM

BBSAK also hasn't been updated in ages.