PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Osz
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moment!
Carrier: Sprint

Osz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Osz
General Question

So my girlfriend is wanting a Blackberry for her Birthday. Wondering what the prices run for you guys on each service, i.e. Boost, Sprint, Verizon. She's interested in Boost cause they apparently have the lowest price but not to sure about their coverage. Wondering if I could get some input from anyone out there who has had it. I want her to go Android cause she constantly is playing the games on my phone but she doesn't like touch screens. Thanks all!
Old 11-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: General Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osz View Post
So my girlfriend is wanting a Blackberry for her Birthday. Wondering what the prices run for you guys on each service, i.e. Boost, Sprint, Verizon. She's interested in Boost cause they apparently have the lowest price but not to sure about their coverage. Wondering if I could get some input from anyone out there who has had it. I want her to go Android cause she constantly is playing the games on my phone but she doesn't like touch screens. Thanks all!
My Sprint is $104.00 a month after taxes, etc. That's for unlimited everything and well worth it. I am using a BB Style and a Palm Pre. I have an Evo and an Epic but don't care for Android so I don't use those two obviously. BB has been the best fit for me I'd have to say. My grandaughter has Boost and I'm afraid I can't recommend it. Internet is slow slow slow and texts can take hours to arrive. Sprint has been great for me compared to ATT which I had for years and my wife still has. Hope that helps.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbunniz

Boost will be $60 a month with shrinkage (after paying on time for 18 months it goes down to about $45 a month) Virgin Mobile will be $70 a month if you want unlimited everything, both Boost and Virgin use Sprint towers so you can check their coverage for that, Verizon will cost an arm and a leg but they have exceptional service. (Virgin mobile just came out with an android phone the Samsung Intercept, i believe that is also $70 a month and again depending on if you want unlimited everything. Hope this helps!!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:12 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

with verizon it depends on the amount of minutes she needs.....for unlimited? yah, Sprint will be better as far as price and depending on your area...could be good or not so good as far as coverage goes.

here are some example verizon plans:

*add unlimited data for $30 or 150MB of data for $15 to any plan for internet usage

Single Line Plan:

450 Minutes - Unlimited text - $59.99
900 Minutes - 10 friends and family - unlimited text - $79.99

Verizon is expensive as most of us know but they are currently testing plans identical to sprint and so far they are working out great. You may just hear in the near future that our plans have changed....

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuffpinkbunniz knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
with verizon it depends on the amount of minutes she needs.....for unlimited? yah, Sprint will be better as far as price and depending on your area...could be good or not so good as far as coverage goes.

here are some example verizon plans:

*add unlimited data for $30 or 150MB of data for $15 to any plan for internet usage

Single Line Plan:

450 Minutes - Unlimited text - $59.99
900 Minutes - 10 friends and family - unlimited text - $79.99

Verizon is expensive as most of us know but they are currently testing plans identical to sprint and so far they are working out great. You may just hear in the near future that our plans have changed....
T-Mobile just released a plan competitive to Sprint's as well this past sunday. They carry blackberrys too but where I live their data coverage sucks. I dont know about the rest of the country never cared to look
Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sweet and good to know. I don't follow TMobile news like I should but do remember seeing the announcement just never read details. Those are plenty of options to choose from. Makes it even harder lol.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
Sweet and good to know. I don't follow TMobile news like I should but do remember seeing the announcement just never read details. Those are plenty of options to choose from. Makes it even harder lol.
I work for Radio Shack so I have to keep up with Sprint, T-Mobile, and ATT. If you want I can pass on to you what I hear....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry