PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   General Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136536)

Osz 11-06-2010 01:07 PM

General Question

So my girlfriend is wanting a Blackberry for her Birthday. Wondering what the prices run for you guys on each service, i.e. Boost, Sprint, Verizon. She's interested in Boost cause they apparently have the lowest price but not to sure about their coverage. Wondering if I could get some input from anyone out there who has had it. I want her to go Android cause she constantly is playing the games on my phone but she doesn't like touch screens. Thanks all!

wudstock54 11-06-2010 01:55 PM

Re: General Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osz (Post 1989486)
So my girlfriend is wanting a Blackberry for her Birthday. Wondering what the prices run for you guys on each service, i.e. Boost, Sprint, Verizon. She's interested in Boost cause they apparently have the lowest price but not to sure about their coverage. Wondering if I could get some input from anyone out there who has had it. I want her to go Android cause she constantly is playing the games on my phone but she doesn't like touch screens. Thanks all!

My Sprint is $104.00 a month after taxes, etc. That's for unlimited everything and well worth it. I am using a BB Style and a Palm Pre. I have an Evo and an Epic but don't care for Android so I don't use those two obviously. BB has been the best fit for me I'd have to say. My grandaughter has Boost and I'm afraid I can't recommend it. Internet is slow slow slow and texts can take hours to arrive. Sprint has been great for me compared to ATT which I had for years and my wife still has. Hope that helps.

pinkbunniz 11-16-2010 11:42 AM

Boost will be $60 a month with shrinkage (after paying on time for 18 months it goes down to about $45 a month) Virgin Mobile will be $70 a month if you want unlimited everything, both Boost and Virgin use Sprint towers so you can check their coverage for that, Verizon will cost an arm and a leg but they have exceptional service. (Virgin mobile just came out with an android phone the Samsung Intercept, i believe that is also $70 a month and again depending on if you want unlimited everything. Hope this helps!!

GirlGoneGeek 11-16-2010 08:12 PM

with verizon it depends on the amount of minutes she needs.....for unlimited? yah, Sprint will be better as far as price and depending on your area...could be good or not so good as far as coverage goes.

here are some example verizon plans:

*add unlimited data for $30 or 150MB of data for $15 to any plan for internet usage

Single Line Plan:

450 Minutes - Unlimited text - $59.99
900 Minutes - 10 friends and family - unlimited text - $79.99

Verizon is expensive as most of us know but they are currently testing plans identical to sprint and so far they are working out great. You may just hear in the near future that our plans have changed....

pinkbunniz 11-16-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1996914)
with verizon it depends on the amount of minutes she needs.....for unlimited? yah, Sprint will be better as far as price and depending on your area...could be good or not so good as far as coverage goes.

here are some example verizon plans:

*add unlimited data for $30 or 150MB of data for $15 to any plan for internet usage

Single Line Plan:

450 Minutes - Unlimited text - $59.99
900 Minutes - 10 friends and family - unlimited text - $79.99

Verizon is expensive as most of us know but they are currently testing plans identical to sprint and so far they are working out great. You may just hear in the near future that our plans have changed....

T-Mobile just released a plan competitive to Sprint's as well this past sunday. They carry blackberrys too but where I live their data coverage sucks. I dont know about the rest of the country never cared to look ;)

GirlGoneGeek 11-17-2010 12:27 AM

Sweet and good to know. I don't follow TMobile news like I should but do remember seeing the announcement just never read details. Those are plenty of options to choose from. Makes it even harder lol.

pinkbunniz 11-17-2010 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1997063)
Sweet and good to know. I don't follow TMobile news like I should but do remember seeing the announcement just never read details. Those are plenty of options to choose from. Makes it even harder lol.

I work for Radio Shack so I have to keep up with Sprint, T-Mobile, and ATT. If you want I can pass on to you what I hear.... :)