PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: sprint

tracsportva is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile BB life after tp2...? help ?

Hi folks
I am sorta figuring out the weirdness of this but I started a new job.
I enjoy my tp2 but at the same time, I know that I need to rely on a phone that can handle the stress of work etc.

I will be traveling and need to monitor my work email, schedules, calendar, and contacts.

I have tried to sync it with microsoft exchange, but I am wondering if a BB would be better...

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ryan
Old 10-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Two-Time Chinaman
Pocket PC: HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

PriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to PriYankee
Re: BB life after tp2...? help ?

BB is def a great phone for business. If you're going to be using email and scheduling alot, you can't go wrong with a BB. It a serious phone when you need it to be.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Any suggestions on what style of BB ?
Old 10-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Two-Time Chinaman

PriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIP

I personally would go with a Bold 9700. If you like touchscreen the new Torch is a great phone too, plus its touchscreen & has a keyboard. You can't go wrong with either of those.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Does sprint carry these ?
Old 10-16-2010, 11:35 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Since you're on Sprint get the Bold 9650 since it's a world phone SImM for travel outside US, it's the latest model with best screen res, ram, etc...and is OS 6 ready so won't fall behind any other current BB. I have it and love it, only waiting on a dream of a Sprint branded Tourch

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Two-Time Chinaman

Yep like she said, for Sprint your best bet is the 9650. It has all the capabilities of the other Bold models & the most updated OS.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP

you ladies are 100% correct re: sprint bold 9650 and also no phone is better for business than a blackberry.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Not to be a troll or anything... But I sync my work email with exchange server on my TP2. I am able to get emails as they come in from work as well as from hotmail.
Yahoo mail and Gmail are checked once every 4 hours per my settings.
Also exchange allows me to sync my outlook calendar and contacts...
I have word and excel as well as powerpoint on hand. They allow me to edit documents or spreadsheets on the fly. I can also edit my power point presentations and in a bind... With the propper cable I would be able to connect my TP2 to a projector or any television set with the NTSC inputs.
Not sure what more than this the blackberry can do. But I have to side with my TP2.
The only drawback is that there will not be much support in the future for winmo. So the Blackberry would be a great replacement phone.
p.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 PM
Two-Time Chinaman

Well I've personally never used a TP2 but it sounds like it is capable of performing similar tasks as the BB....But BB Is just a commonly used phone in the Business world & if like your saying that winmo isn't going to have future support, BB would be the more appropriate choice
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry