PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   BB life after tp2...? help ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135555)

tracsportva 10-16-2010 08:50 PM

BB life after tp2...? help ?

Hi folks
I am sorta figuring out the weirdness of this but I started a new job.
I enjoy my tp2 but at the same time, I know that I need to rely on a phone that can handle the stress of work etc.

I will be traveling and need to monitor my work email, schedules, calendar, and contacts.

I have tried to sync it with microsoft exchange, but I am wondering if a BB would be better...

Any suggestions?

:rr::rr::rr: Thanks

Ryan

PriYankee 10-16-2010 09:02 PM

Re: BB life after tp2...? help ?

BB is def a great phone for business. If you're going to be using email and scheduling alot, you can't go wrong with a BB. It a serious phone when you need it to be.

tracsportva 10-16-2010 09:09 PM

Any suggestions on what style of BB ?

PriYankee 10-16-2010 09:12 PM

I personally would go with a Bold 9700. If you like touchscreen the new Torch is a great phone too, plus its touchscreen & has a keyboard. You can't go wrong with either of those.

tracsportva 10-16-2010 10:10 PM

Does sprint carry these ?

eenieMINI 10-16-2010 11:35 PM

Since you're on Sprint get the Bold 9650 since it's a world phone SImM for travel outside US, it's the latest model with best screen res, ram, etc...and is OS 6 ready so won't fall behind any other current BB. I have it and love it, only waiting on a dream of a Sprint branded Tourch

PriYankee 10-17-2010 08:12 AM

Yep like she said, for Sprint your best bet is the 9650. It has all the capabilities of the other Bold models & the most updated OS.

info[]box1 10-19-2010 07:29 PM

you ladies are 100% correct re: sprint bold 9650 and also no phone is better for business than a blackberry.

AZTECHKA 10-19-2010 07:49 PM

Not to be a troll or anything... But I sync my work email with exchange server on my TP2. I am able to get emails as they come in from work as well as from hotmail.
Yahoo mail and Gmail are checked once every 4 hours per my settings.
Also exchange allows me to sync my outlook calendar and contacts...
I have word and excel as well as powerpoint on hand. They allow me to edit documents or spreadsheets on the fly. I can also edit my power point presentations and in a bind... With the propper cable I would be able to connect my TP2 to a projector or any television set with the NTSC inputs.
Not sure what more than this the blackberry can do. But I have to side with my TP2.
The only drawback is that there will not be much support in the future for winmo. So the Blackberry would be a great replacement phone.
p.

PriYankee 10-19-2010 09:02 PM

Well I've personally never used a TP2 but it sounds like it is capable of performing similar tasks as the BB....But BB Is just a commonly used phone in the Business world & if like your saying that winmo isn't going to have future support, BB would be the more appropriate choice ;)