PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint/Boost

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Re: BB life after tp2...? help ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
Not to be a troll or anything... But I sync my work email with exchange server on my TP2. I am able to get emails as they come in from work as well as from hotmail.
Yahoo mail and Gmail are checked once every 4 hours per my settings.
Also exchange allows me to sync my outlook calendar and contacts...
I have word and excel as well as powerpoint on hand. They allow me to edit documents or spreadsheets on the fly. I can also edit my power point presentations and in a bind... With the propper cable I would be able to connect my TP2 to a projector or any television set with the NTSC inputs.
Not sure what more than this the blackberry can do. But I have to side with my TP2.
The only drawback is that there will not be much support in the future for winmo. So the Blackberry would be a great replacement phone.
p.
I came over to this forum wondering why/if a BB is better than a phone that syncs. Again, not wishing to troll, but to learn. With WinMobile 6.5 I use AutoSync and can push email, calendar, etc etc. I assume WP7 will do the same, and I assume iPhone does the same. So I am wondering what a BB does that these other phones don't (at +$10/mo) Again, not trying to troll, but to learn.

Thanks!

If I helped... Please hit the THANKS button!
Old 10-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: BB life after tp2...? help ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris443 View Post
I came over to this forum wondering why/if a BB is better than a phone that syncs. Again, not wishing to troll, but to learn. With WinMobile 6.5 I use AutoSync and can push email, calendar, etc etc. I assume WP7 will do the same, and I assume iPhone does the same. So I am wondering what a BB does that these other phones don't (at +$10/mo) Again, not trying to troll, but to learn.

Thanks!
I find on the BB mail arrives much quicker on a regular basis than on my winmo, webos and iphones. The real clincher for me is the battery life. On the above mentioned phones frequent email checks have a drastic effect on battery life. I never finish a work day with less than 50-60% on the BB. It's used constantly on a work day with as many as as 200 emails. I also constantly add appointments, etc to the calendar and sync thru out the day. That's my two cents worth. Just wish there was a good task killer for BB. I'm too programed from all those years of winmo lol. I hate back stroking on the BB. I have unlimited everything so there is no $10.00 charge above the $99.00 everything.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Kris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKris443 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok - thanks.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

To explain it simply BB pulls emails from your mail server and then pushes them to the phone.

When setting up most phones people tend to use IMAP IDLE for the push technology..which is good but as stated uses more energy as it uses your data connection and the startup may cause a delay.

M$ using winmo and Exchange achieve same result as a BB though...

To explain how it works it similar to a text message..it sends a text message like thing with the headers notifying of new mail info..then when you click on the emails it uses the 3g connection to pull the email data.

Realistically speaking any OS would be able to receive the same effect if the software for it exists.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker

That makes sense, Thanks!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Bold
Carrier: Fido

hedgehog88 is a n00b