PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Blackberry + Dropbox = Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the app? you could do the same thing with email. See its like on my moment i would put stuff in my dropbox folder on my laptop that i would need for my phone. Apps or whatever and could access it and download it to my phone from the dropbox app. This one it doesnt allow you to upload to it from the device and you cant download from it either. if i want to get something from my dropbox i have to email myself the share link. that is totally useless
I can upload and download with this app on my 9630. Works great.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of the app? you could do the same thing with email. See its like on my moment i would put stuff in my dropbox folder on my laptop that i would need for my phone. Apps or whatever and could access it and download it to my phone from the dropbox app. This one it doesnt allow you to upload to it from the device and you cant download from it either. if i want to get something from my dropbox i have to email myself the share link. that is totally useless
Following that argument you wouldn't need Dropbox either for Moment, just email yourself..

I guess you have to be in my shoes to see how it fits so well for me...
Scenario: I have excell files that need simple text input daily, I get the info when I'm away from office....so the files are in Dropbox...
I have Dropbox on BB...gather info, open Dropbox, open file then edit save update, close Dropbox....get back to office and data is there waiting so I can then apply to program without having to go find my notes and enter data...

Works perfectly, I don't need to create and upload files nor download, but I do need to access and edit. Dropbox does this.

BrennB
Old 10-25-2010, 10:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
I can upload and download with this app on my 9630. Works great.
ok how do you do that?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Following that argument you wouldn't need Dropbox either for Moment, just email yourself..

I guess you have to be in my shoes to see how it fits so well for me...
Scenario: I have excell files that need simple text input daily, I get the info when I'm away from office....so the files are in Dropbox...
I have Dropbox on BB...gather info, open Dropbox, open file then edit save update, close Dropbox....get back to office and data is there waiting so I can then apply to program without having to go find my notes and enter data...

Works perfectly, I don't need to create and upload files nor download, but I do need to access and edit. Dropbox does this.
The moment wont allow .apks to be downloaded via email. but i guess it isnt that big of a deal. i just wanted more from dropbox
Old 10-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Zip?

But yeah it would be nice to have mor functionality.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker

yeah you could zip then email. but just dropping them in the dropbox was easier
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
ok how do you do that?
I just place a file in the dropbox folder on PC and then open the app on 9630 and refresh. It shows up and I download onto phone.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
I just place a file in the dropbox folder on PC and then open the app on 9630 and refresh. It shows up and I download onto phone.
no what i mean is how do you download? i dont have that option
Old 10-28-2010, 10:19 AM
Two-Time Chinaman
Pocket PC: HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

PriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIPPriYankee is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to PriYankee

Im gonna have to try this, i been hearing a lot about this! Looks pretty efficient
Old 10-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Use my referral link! Dropbox! http://db.tt/ecV4lmm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry