PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sony Viao
Carrier: Metro PCS

MEDWARD is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to Connect my PC to WEB wt a BlackBerry MetroPCS?

Hi,

I just purchased a Verizon BlackBerry Storm 9530 and got it Flashed to MetroPCS (a very expensive process) and I need the Instructions to set up my Laptop to connect to the Internet using the BlackBerry.

I can connect to the internet directly with the BlackBerry, but not when I connected through the USB or Wirelessly from my Laptop or BlueTooth.

I still want to be able to access the internet when I want through my Comcast Cable service.

Thanks

Mark
Old 08-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: How to Connect my PC to WEB wt a BlackBerry MetroPCS?

Try a program called "tether" or pdanet. Both make this connection simple and painless.

Also depending if your plan actually allows tethering you can create your network as dialup or USB modem on your pc. First install desktop manager for blackberry so you get the drivers.

BrennB
Old 08-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MEDWARD is a n00b

Thanks BrennB,

I just purchased "Tether" $49.+ $3.50

I download the software unto my BlackBerry and into my Laptop

I connect the USB, nothing.....

I maybe missing something!!!

Here is what comes up on the BlackBerry:

Uncaught exception:
Application tether (326) is not responding; process terminated.

It also said at first:
Connection USB
Pin 3050.......c
License Checking
Packets 0 Up, 0 Down
Status Not connected

On the Laptop it says: Start Theter on the BlackBerry USB mode.

Thanks again

Mark
Old 08-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

First have you connected blackberry to pc via USB and let all the drivers load? Run desktop manager, keep it running. Check in with tether support. I should have suggested you try bit first, 30 day trial. Be sure you've logged into tether site and activated app via pc also. The first time can be bothersome then its fine.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

MEDWARD is a n00b

I had downgrade from either ver 1.1.0.7 to 1.1.0.4 for the BlackBerry to finally load the software, but there is still no connection to the internet!

Maybe Tether is not compatible with Metro PCS or is there a setting on my laptop I should change?

No help from either Tether Support or SWREG Support where I bought the software after several e-mails.

Thanks

Mark
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Still a Geek

Run me through your set up steps and where you get a problem. Could be a metro setting we have to find.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry