PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gearing UP!

Well, we're getting closer and closer to the OS6... Lets start with speculation and discussion here and as we get more info we can spread out into separate threads.

I'll start: ONE of the reasons I upgraded my Tour to the BOLD (9650) was the promise of OS 6 compatibility.... why? I have no idea I Just didn't want to be left out!!

BrennB
Old 07-28-2010, 02:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Re: Gearing UP!

I'm hoping someone can do a hybrid of OS6 for the Tour, but I'm eligible for an upgrade in September, so I'll see what's planned to come out then. Not sure if I want to stick with BB or not.

The Epic might be nice or I might wait and see what MS actually does with WP7.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Thing is once these upgrades are ready to pay its hard to wait for a phone! I'm terrible at saving!
Old 07-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21052/19.886; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

I too will be very happy to a 6.0 OS Hybrid for the tour. I'm working on getting the Bold before the end of the year, if not sooner. The rumor of flash support via bb browser is kewl. That's the only real area for improvement. Everything short of a BB with a snapdragon and internet sharing option. BB all around messaging is somewhat superior to other platforms. When I say messaging I mean IM, emails and mms/sms. I have no plans on using any other platform beside BBs.
Let look see if a there RIM 6.0 *change log floating around here.

Last edited by info[]box1; 08-12-2010 at 08:40 PM. Reason: *typo
Old 08-11-2010, 03:56 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Carrier: Sprint

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

I'm very excited to get a major upgrade to the BB OS.

I recently upgraded from a Tour to a 9650 because my Tour's trackball was acting up (I really just used that as en excuse)... But the trackpad, wi-fi and additional memory were very welcomed additions.

I won't lie, I am very intrigued about Android, but as said above, BB is superb when it comes to messaging. BBM is essential to my day-to-day communications.

BB OS 5 is very nice, and I love how they implemented threaded SMS... My only concern regarding BB OS 6 is that I read themes will be more limited than they are know because of the navigation changes coming.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what theme developers can do once the new Plazmic version is released.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Still a Geek
Threadstarter

Yeah it took a while for theme builder to update, hope we're not stuck with stock for too long.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

http://www.famegadget.com/search/curve+8530+getting+os6 does that help?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Just a little info for Tour users. *Hybrid builders are working on a full blown 6.0 package. Seems like they're working on figuring out which files to delete. In return that would allow a fully 6.O OS based Hybrid to be load able.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 9630
Carrier: sprint

macknickficent is a n00b

This is great news!!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry