PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Sprint

photojenius27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to photojenius27
Finally went to blackberry

I recently just bought a blackberry tour from someone I know and set it up today. I see that their email is set up on here, is there any way I can get rid of their email without using a username or password? is there anyway to do this without getting into all that? If not then I guess I will have to contact them.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Finally went to blackberry

It's called security wipe.
Options, security options, security wipe. Type in "blackberry" to confirm. This puts phone back to like new condition, or just flashed OS condition. You do have the option of also wiping the memcard and 3rd party apps. If you just want to rid of the details, uncheck the others.

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bold 9650

ekz13 is becoming a great contributor

They might also need to login to their BIS account (website) and remove the pin for the tour or change it so those emails don't keep coming to the device they gave you (if they haven't already done so)
Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

True, what ekz says... and OP will need to register with his carrier/BIS to get mail services to the phone.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:24 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

ok, he told me he did the security wipe and when I had activated it I'm not sure if I had done something to cause it to come up because I was just learning how to figure it out and I had a lot of things coming up for me to have to do.

I will ask him to do what ekz said.

Thank both of you for the help!
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Yup, gotta follow what ekz did. I activated the Tour that my wife used for a few months and it popped up with her email information even though I wiped it first.

You basically need to delete the email address from Sprint's BIS. If its not password protected, go into menu then Setup, then Email Setup. If it asks for a password and its not saved, then he has to do it. If it pops up with email accounts, then you can just delete them from there.

We didn't password protect my wife's, so I could just go in there and delete her stuff and added mine and all is good. I setup a username and password on mine now though.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

just curious what is BIS? I might get somewhere if I knew what that was. Sorry about this, I'm new to blackberry personally so it's taking me some time to get the hang of it.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.57 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojenius27
just curious what is BIS? I might get somewhere if I knew what that was. Sorry about this, I'm new to blackberry personally so it's taking me some time to get the hang of it.
Bis is the blackberry internet server if I remember correctly. Pretty its the basic service. No need for bes unless you need the exchange server are corp emails etc.

I'm here to help so if you have any question, post them.

Late,
Infobox1
Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojenius27 View Post
Try going into Setup then Email Setup and see if it lets you in there. If it does, then you can delete their accounts and add your own.

That's where you setup Sprint's BIS email information.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:59 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Try going into Setup then Email Setup and see if it lets you in there. If it does, then you can delete their accounts and add your own.

That's where you setup Sprint's BIS email information.
I got it, but it still shows an unvalid account with blackberry that's his and he can't remember the password so he told me to call a blackberry technical support so I think I will have to do that the rest of his accounts are deleted though.

Once again thank you all for all the info it's helped a great deal and I almost got it all taken care of just that one more email account and I should be good to go.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry