PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   BeBuzz....Beware of the Disco Lights (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128180)

Mojary 07-09-2010 06:11 PM

BeBuzz....Beware of the Disco Lights

ok...not a post bashing the app. i am actually amazed by it the different variations of their disco lights. i bought the app last night because i was bored and had nothing better to do. this is where the beware part comes in. now we all know that flashing lights are not good for you after a while[-X so with that in mind, i was trying not to look at the LED light as i was setting the various disco lights settings to my messaging apps (1 type for each).

well...try as i may to pretend i don't see it blinking it's various colors...kinda hard to ignore even if you've convinced yourself you're just looking at the screen of the device. so after i got everything set....i suddenly felt a headache :banghead: what a bummer. liked watching the different colors go off too when i kept calling my phone. guess won't be doing that anymore!!..LOL. but other than that, it's worth the $6 eye candy to keep me busy when im bored :D

Wideawake 07-09-2010 07:47 PM

Re: BeBuzz....Beware of the Disco Lights

+1 great application for blackberries...I normally only used the disco lights for missed calls to really get my attention. :D
~mike

eenieMINI 07-09-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1858642)
ok...not a post bashing the app. i am actually amazed by it the different variations of their disco lights. i bought the app last night because i was bored and had nothing better to do. this is where the beware part comes in. now we all know that flashing lights are not good for you after a while[-X so with that in mind, i was trying not to look at the LED light as i was setting the various disco lights settings to my messaging apps (1 type for each).

well...try as i may to pretend i don't see it blinking it's various colors...kinda hard to ignore even if you've convinced yourself you're just looking at the screen of the device. so after i got everything set....i suddenly felt a headache :banghead: what a bummer. liked watching the different colors go off too when i kept calling my phone. guess won't be doing that anymore!!..LOL. but other than that, it's worth the $6 eye candy to keep me busy when im bored :D

Great now I have a headache thanks! ...
Got it from banging my head against the wall trying to stop laughing!

Carla 07-10-2010 01:47 AM

Love this app! Wish I had something similar for my Evo honestly, nothing gets my attention like Disco LOL!

Mojary 07-10-2010 07:19 PM

its a great app. i know i said i won't be paying attention to the LED, but i must confess...didn't have anything to do last night so i kept ringing my phone just see the LED light go off in different colors. got my ringer light set to Disco wave...LOL. yes yes...i am easily amused...LOL.

GirlGoneGeek 07-13-2010 09:34 AM

And when it gets annoying you have the led reset app wideawake made just for us bb users ;)

Mojary 07-13-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 1863338)
And when it gets annoying you have the led reset app wideawake made just for us bb users ;)

oohhh...now that i didn't know. will have to search for it and dl. the least i can do is be pro-active and have this app ready to go when i get to that point. thanks for letting me know about it Miss Courtney!! :mrgreen:

GirlGoneGeek 07-13-2010 04:07 PM

you're welcome and I don't think you were around when everyone found out about it. It's lost in the threads somewhere now. lol

info[]box1 07-26-2010 03:04 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.21052/19.872; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Now I'm curious bout this disco app...loll

Mojary 07-26-2010 07:02 PM

yeah it's a pretty cool app. when im having happy hour with the siblings, my phone would go off and when i pull it out, people get psyched because i have my own disco light going on my phone. they ask if it came with the phone because their blackberry doesn't light up like mine when it rings..LOL. they're either really psyched or just drunk...LOL.

there are a couple of free ones out there...so you may try that first to see if you really like it.