PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 12:59 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Notes app for bb tour

hi guys...need your help. i could've sworn the tour i owned last year had a notes app, but can't find one on my current one. if im not imagining it, can anyone tell me where i can go to donload and install that notes app that came pre-installed on the tour? but if i am just being a loser thinking that it came with this app, any input on hich notes app is best to use with the bb tour? i use the notes app extensively for things i come across or when i need to remember something for future use. dont like using reminders/alarms because i tend to dismiss and delete those. with notes...i just make new ones as i go along. ...so any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Spint HTC TP 2

dawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardawinkley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Notes app for bb tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary View Post
hi guys...need your help. i could've sworn the tour i owned last year had a notes app, but can't find one on my current one. if im not imagining it, can anyone tell me where i can go to donload and install that notes app that came pre-installed on the tour? but if i am just being a loser thinking that it came with this app, any input on hich notes app is best to use with the bb tour? i use the notes app extensively for things i come across or when i need to remember something for future use. dont like using reminders/alarms because i tend to dismiss and delete those. with notes...i just make new ones as i go along. ...so any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!
Im new to Blackberry world, but my Sprint Bold has MemoPad in the Applications Folder. is that what you mean?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes!..that's exactly what i mean....the MemoPad. im such a loser...couldn't even think of the name of the app!...lol.

now for the second part....anybody know where i can get that app? i searched in the bb app world but it's not there.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:56 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Download the Sprint OS you have for your Tour to your desktop, install it, then I think you can add it through DM that way.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:20 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Download the Sprint OS you have for your Tour to your desktop, install it, then I think you can add it through DM that way.
ugh!...after half a day of customizing the phone the way i want it. but if that's the only way. man..sometimes i think if it's really worth all the trouble to get what i want on my devices...LOL. im just a glutton for punishment i guess

im wondering though if it's in the cd that came with the phone? i'll have to check when i get home later.

Last edited by Mojary; 07-07-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Mojary, when you flashed the new OS you skipped a step. For some reason several of the native apps do not autoload.

All you have to do is reconnect to desktop manager and choose "app loader" then scroll through and check off the missing apps.

BrennB
Old 07-07-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

i actually bought the phone from a member at crackberry and i guess he flashed it to the bb OS 5. with that being said, i just need to connect the phone to DM and nothing else? or will i still need to dl the OS like MrObvious suggested?
Old 07-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah if you don't already have an OS installed on your PC you'll need to do that first. I thought you has posted earlier that you were flashing Mr. X shrunked down version. OH, that was a BOLD huh... oh forget it I don't remember... I'm getting old.

Anyway, yeah, you need to install the same OS on your PC then hook up DM use apploader to pick out the missing apps. Happens everytime!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:05 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Threadstarter

yeah i was just looking at Mr. X's post regarding that. nah...the post you're thinking of was just me asking how to flash to a new/another OS on the tour.

so what's the difference between the two repack OS version of Mr. X? but from your post in that thread, seems like 643 is what you, mindfrost and others chose to go with. and that it is better signal and battery wise. aarrgghhh!! i guess i'm gonna end up losing the customization i've set up after all...LOL. but Mr X's OS will still ask me to pick out apps after flashing right?

will do the OS flash this afternoon when i get home from work. also...what backup app do you use for contacts and such?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Still a Geek

WAIT! LOL You don't have to go through all that, unless you want to. For backup follow my how to upgrade intructions. Basic backup via DM saves your contact, resync your calendar don't use the backup feature. Backup some app settings if they offer it then use BBSAK to backup 3rd party cod/software if you don't want to fresh install.

BUT, if you really just want notepad/memo pad and aren't partial to the standard BB one, you can try this free app, BB Notepad.

I'm attaching here, you can install it several ways, unzip on desktop and use apploader to install alx unzip on memory card in phone and click on jad, use BBSAK and install "COD" method.

Free, memopad type app, simple and allwos you to save memos to SD card which is a plus.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bbnotepad.zip (34.8 KB, 5 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eenieMINI; 07-07-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry