PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Notes app for bb tour (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127884)

Mojary 07-07-2010 12:59 AM

Notes app for bb tour

hi guys...need your help. i could've sworn the tour i owned last year had a notes app, but can't find one on my current one. if im not imagining it, can anyone tell me where i can go to donload and install that notes app that came pre-installed on the tour? but if i am just being a loser thinking that it came with this app, any input on hich notes app is best to use with the bb tour? i use the notes app extensively for things i come across or when i need to remember something for future use. dont like using reminders/alarms because i tend to dismiss and delete those. with notes...i just make new ones as i go along. ...so any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

dawinkley 07-07-2010 09:28 AM

Re: Notes app for bb tour

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1854318)
hi guys...need your help. i could've sworn the tour i owned last year had a notes app, but can't find one on my current one. if im not imagining it, can anyone tell me where i can go to donload and install that notes app that came pre-installed on the tour? but if i am just being a loser thinking that it came with this app, any input on hich notes app is best to use with the bb tour? i use the notes app extensively for things i come across or when i need to remember something for future use. dont like using reminders/alarms because i tend to dismiss and delete those. with notes...i just make new ones as i go along. ...so any help is appreciated. thanks in advance!

Im new to Blackberry world, but my Sprint Bold has MemoPad in the Applications Folder. is that what you mean?

Mojary 07-07-2010 10:56 AM

yes!..that's exactly what i mean....the MemoPad. im such a loser...couldn't even think of the name of the app!...lol.

now for the second part....anybody know where i can get that app? i searched in the bb app world but it's not there.

MrObvious 07-07-2010 02:56 PM

Download the Sprint OS you have for your Tour to your desktop, install it, then I think you can add it through DM that way.

Mojary 07-07-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrObvious (Post 1854982)
Download the Sprint OS you have for your Tour to your desktop, install it, then I think you can add it through DM that way.

ugh!...after half a day of customizing the phone the way i want it. but if that's the only way. man..sometimes i think if it's really worth all the trouble to get what i want on my devices...LOL. im just a glutton for punishment i guess :laughing6:

im wondering though if it's in the cd that came with the phone? i'll have to check when i get home later.

eenieMINI 07-07-2010 03:25 PM

Mojary, when you flashed the new OS you skipped a step. For some reason several of the native apps do not autoload.

All you have to do is reconnect to desktop manager and choose "app loader" then scroll through and check off the missing apps.

Mojary 07-07-2010 03:42 PM

i actually bought the phone from a member at crackberry and i guess he flashed it to the bb OS 5. with that being said, i just need to connect the phone to DM and nothing else? or will i still need to dl the OS like MrObvious suggested?

eenieMINI 07-07-2010 03:51 PM

Yeah if you don't already have an OS installed on your PC you'll need to do that first. I thought you has posted earlier that you were flashing Mr. X shrunked down version. OH, that was a BOLD huh... oh forget it I don't remember... I'm getting old.

Anyway, yeah, you need to install the same OS on your PC then hook up DM use apploader to pick out the missing apps. Happens everytime!

Mojary 07-07-2010 04:05 PM

yeah i was just looking at Mr. X's post regarding that. nah...the post you're thinking of was just me asking how to flash to a new/another OS on the tour.

so what's the difference between the two repack OS version of Mr. X? but from your post in that thread, seems like 643 is what you, mindfrost and others chose to go with. and that it is better signal and battery wise. aarrgghhh!! i guess i'm gonna end up losing the customization i've set up after all...LOL. but Mr X's OS will still ask me to pick out apps after flashing right?

will do the OS flash this afternoon when i get home from work. also...what backup app do you use for contacts and such?

eenieMINI 07-07-2010 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WAIT! LOL You don't have to go through all that, unless you want to. For backup follow my how to upgrade intructions. Basic backup via DM saves your contact, resync your calendar don't use the backup feature. Backup some app settings if they offer it then use BBSAK to backup 3rd party cod/software if you don't want to fresh install.

BUT, if you really just want notepad/memo pad and aren't partial to the standard BB one, you can try this free app, BB Notepad.

I'm attaching here, you can install it several ways, unzip on desktop and use apploader to install alx unzip on memory card in phone and click on jad, use BBSAK and install "COD" method.

Free, memopad type app, simple and allwos you to save memos to SD card which is a plus.