PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 05:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: Sprint

photojenius27 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to photojenius27
Need a little help for a friend with a Tour.

My friend just recently purchased a Blackberry Tour with Verizon and she had to get it replaced because the new software was messing up..now when she had the techs at Verizon to put in the new software...all calls are long distance and it'll ring by itself..is that something she needs to still take back or is there a way around it that the techs just aren't spilling about but someone here might know of?

Another thing..the tech's told her not to download any apps on her phone saying that could be the cause of the problem..but if she is getting them from a blackberry app store and apps made FOR the tour then how can that cause any issues?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Need a little help for a friend with a Tour.

Yes, the latest verizon os is a pain. Look on the sticky thread am
Nd consider loading Mr. X's version of 643. It is ridiculous to say not to load apps.

In the mean time to have her go to the options menu then phone options them
N general. She can turn off auto answer there

I'm not sure what you mean by always long distance?

BrennB
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Yes, the latest verizon os is a pain. Look on the sticky thread am
Nd consider loading Mr. X's version of 643. It is ridiculous to say not to load apps.

In the mean time to have her go to the options menu then phone options them
N general. She can turn off auto answer there

I'm not sure what you mean by always long distance?

Thanks! I will check that out and even get her to come on this forum herself..I don't have the phone physically with me so I can't do any of this, but she can.

As far as the long distance thing I need to ask her more about that because I don't quite understand that myself, but thank you for the info you have given.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ok she said...

As for the calls. When ever I make a call it does this... +1-203-555-5555... it can be a local call or mobile to mobile or long distance it doesn't matter. It also is eating up my minutes. Also doesn't matter who I talk with. Mobile to Mobile aren't suppose to count towards your minutes but mine are right now. If I receive a call from someone its fine. Just when I make a call.

That's to explain the long distance calling.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ah...so its doing an auto dial with the country code and its costing her plan minutes. That is strange, I notice since I loaded the last OS that my call screen shows the entire number just as you've posted but I haven't seen that it takes my minutes.. maybe I better check that.

We can look around in the phone options setting but I'm not sure what to look for. There is the country code setting that tells us +1 for code but not sure how that impacts her setup since it is default.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

i would suggest doing an OTA programming then using BBSAK to wipe the device and load one of my repacked OS's It sounds like the PRL is corrupt.

Back up her contacts and important data first.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 05-16-2010, 03:32 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I would go to 643.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

thanks for all the feedback..it's been over a month and I meant to update, my friend's phone is doing a lot better now from all the advice I have taken and done for her with the phone.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Still a Geek

Great to hear!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > Blackberry