PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Need old Window's Live search not New Bing (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120786)

Da Uniq 1 05-11-2010 03:15 PM

Need old Window's Live search not New Bing

Sorry if posted already.

Need some help. I'm not a BB user. I gave a link of a BB software thread to a friend of mine a long time ago.

She loved Window's Live Search. She just got a new BB and I gave her the link again.

She says Live Search is now Bing and she hates it. I'm a Win Mo user myself. We went thru that Bing transition again. But for WinMo, they changed it back to good old Live Search.

Anyone have the Old Live Search installer I can pass to her?

Or is there a way she can transer the Liveseach app from her old BB to her new BB? If so, can you give me a walk through? I don't know where apps are stored at in BB's. Thanks in advance

eenieMINI 05-11-2010 04:01 PM

Re: Need old Window's Live search not New Bing

I know Verizon pushes the Bing app out to their BBs.
What you can do to move the old app from her old phone,
Go to Rimgeeks.com and download BBSAK V1.7 (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife). This program is created in part by PPCGeek Site owner WideAwake.
Be sure she has Desktop Manager installed (needs drivers)
Connect old BB to PC and run BBSAK (right click and run as admin)
If it won't connect to the BB then click on "kill process" then "reconnect" or "connect"
Once its connect click on backup and it will save all your 3rd party cods to a backup folder in your BBSAK directory.

(Watch your phone screen for the process to complete because for me the "process complete" popup comes immediately even though its still backingup"
When complete swap phones. With the new phone connected click on the second tab "Modify CODs" Then "install CODS"
Navigate to the backup folder and choose the COD that is related to Livesearch.. should be obvious but I'm not sure.

Click OK and let it restart. Disconnect and you should be good.

Da Uniq 1 05-11-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 1745977)
I know Verizon pushes the Bing app out to their BBs.
What you can do to move the old app from her old phone,
Go to Rimgeeks.com and download BBSAK V1.7 (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife). This program is created in part by PPCGeek Site owner WideAwake.
Be sure she has Desktop Manager installed (needs drivers)
Connect old BB to PC and run BBSAK (right click and run as admin)
If it won't connect to the BB then click on "kill process" then "reconnect" or "connect"
Once its connect click on backup and it will save all your 3rd party cods to a backup folder in your BBSAK directory.

(Watch your phone screen for the process to complete because for me the "process complete" popup comes immediately even though its still backingup"
When complete swap phones. With the new phone connected click on the second tab "Modify CODs" Then "install CODS"
Navigate to the backup folder and choose the COD that is related to Livesearch.. should be obvious but I'm not sure.

Click OK and let it restart. Disconnect and you should be good.

Thanks so much. I will have her son try that for her.

darren.wlsn1 05-11-2010 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 (Post 1745881)
Sorry if posted already.

Need some help. I'm not a BB user. I gave a link of a BB software thread to a friend of mine a long time ago.

She loved Window's Live Search. She just got a new BB and I gave her the link again.

She says Live Search is now Bing and she hates it. I'm a Win Mo user myself. We went thru that Bing transition again. But for WinMo, they changed it back to good old Live Search.

Anyone have the Old Live Search installer I can pass to her?

Or is there a way she can transer the Liveseach app from her old BB to her new BB? If so, can you give me a walk through? I don't know where apps are stored at in BB's. Thanks in advance

will old windows live cab work?

eenieMINI 05-11-2010 10:22 PM

Nope, BB's don't use Cabs They are jad files.

asdf002 07-20-2010 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i think he is looking for this...it is a great app